Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I NEED some validation here....

PollyRPPollyR Posts: 411
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Chronic Pain
I feel like I am going CrAzY....

The last few months I have had this feeling but the last couple days have been BAD!!...

It feels like my leg bonesare going to explode/implode...PAIN IN the bone...at least it feels like it is IN the bone....specially my right thigh bone...OMG when these pains come on, and it changes to different areas, I have to grit my teeth so I dont SCREAM!! It is a very dibilitating(sp?) pain....

Please tell me if you have ever felt this...PLEASE...I feel like I am loosing my mind!!

• Your not crazy, been there. I was pretty close to nausea all the time. Pain was at the top of the charts, and I found it was due to a pain med that I was on. Everyone is different, so, keep looking, but know your not crazy, not in the least!
  • Oh Cent THANK YOU for that!!! If you dont mind me asking...what was the med that made you hurt..you can PM me if you dont want to say!! :) And all weekend I have been feeling like I was going to throw up...I think its from my T-spine...Oh the joys of CP!!!

I am no low dose Viacodine and 10 percs for the breakthrough pain but it is NOT touching THIS pain!!!
  • I agree you are not crazy at all. You happen to be a victim of one of the worst pains there is. Nerve pain! You definately need to find a way to get back to the doctor Polly. I am really worried about you (hugs).

• Yep, my leg pain is bone deep, very little surface pain. Do you have thecal pressure by any chance?

And I also did have a pain med cause pain! When I was on ms-contin, I was having terrible joint pain, and it went away when I switched to fentanyl. Weird!
  • Oh Julie...thank you for caring! You have always been there for me, even though your in pain too....thank you!!

So that is what nerve pain feels like??? :jawdrop: I have the numb/burning/super sensation in my shoulder..I thought that was nerve pain...

Not this pain....it is almost worse than my other pain!!!
  • Hello Happy....I dont know about the Thecal pressure...I lost my insurance so I have not been able to afford to go back for quite awhile!!

It does feel great to know that I am NOT loosing my mind...I cried myself to sleep last night..dont want my awesome Hubby to know about this one!!
  • please go and see your doctor and get your medication upped .no one should be in that amount of pain hun .be honest with your doctor about your pain killers requirements and you should start to feel a bit better
  • Oh Tony thank you for caring...it means a huge amount to me that you are hurting and can still comment on my post...thank you again...and I am hoping to go in soon!!

I just fell in the shower...holy SH$T will this ever stop??
  • hey, i live at that address too! i get sickening dull boring pain deep into my thighs, as if it goes right to the centre of my bones. i agree with straker that perhaps your pain medication at this moment might best be re-evaluated. it sounds like you pain is getting the better part of you right now.
  • have you seen those shower mats that have like raised stars on them they look a bit like little stars they have a soft spiky feel under foot and are a must for shower safety .they are only less than 10 pounds .at the most i get mine from bury market for 5.99 .wonderful
  • I have deep pain in my thigh too. Deep, dull aching. I also get very sharp pains too, that brings me to my knees if I happen to be standing and takes my breath away. I have a lot of scar tissue and nerve damage in my leg. Maybe you should get checked out for the possibility of that? The only thing that really helps with my leg pain other than drugs, is a nice hot bath, it relieves it a bit, for a little while at least. Dampness (even if warm out) and cold makes it worse. So no, you're not crazy!! It does happen. One other thing that helps me as well, is to wear those anti-embolism socks that they put on you after surgery, except it's a catch 22 for me, as the lower part of my left leg is hypersensitive to touch (very painful) but it just depends on which pain is worse, that I'll wear them. Sometimes it does help me with that for some reason.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • You're definitely not crazy! You're just living in severe pain. I know it can sometimes make us feel like we're losing our minds. Lately, my nerve issues down both legs have made me feel like I'm about to claw my skin off or jump out of my body. Nerve pain is terrible. All pain is terrible. I know all about that deep aching pain. You're not crazy but you do need to do something to get that pain under control! Do you take any nerve meds? I know gabapentin is fairly cheap. I hope you are able to do something to get it under control. Pain can run your life. You deserve a better life than that! I hope you are able to find something cost-effective that will help your pain and then get some good, comfortable rest!

Much love and understanding,

• Polly, you're not crazy! I don't need to repeat what I said in your other thread which was almost like this one, but you really must get some help with your pain. In the other thread I was trying to remember if you had lost your insurance coverage and I see, here, that I remembered correctly. If you can manage a visit to your doctor you can ask him (or his office) to provide you with information on ways to get your medications at reduced cost. They will surely have information like that available because many people are without insurance right now. There is no reason and no excuse for you to live every day in this kind of pain. It will wear you down severely if you don't get some help.

Sending you gentle hugs and healing thoughts! (I pray for you every day)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Hello Babyruth, my neighbor..:)...and yes I do need to re-evaluate my meds....My PCP will have to help me with that..he is an awesome Dr!! I will have to suck it up, so to speak, and have a talk with him..I just hate talking about meds with anyone...Ya Know??
  • Hey Tony..yes we are going to get one tonight...I am just so tired of having to adjust or change MY life to fit this pain...WOW..it is getting old!! Sorry...I need to stop it now!!!
  • Hello Smiley...oh you poor thing...isnt it amazing how much that we can put up with?? Humans are really amazing!!
  • Hello Lisa, thank you for your sweet post!! I am not on any nerve meds...but I am thinking that I need some...I am at work right now...no rest for the wicked!!
  • Ms. Polly, I'm glad you're getting a bath mat! We got one here because our shower is as slippery as ice. As for the meds, I think the gabapentin is the cheapest since it is a generic. If you go on the manufactuer's website, you can find out what you need to do to get your meds at a lower cost. I also know of a site that has all the info for pretty much every med discount program as well as the free/sliding scale programs from the manufacturers. I can private message you the site if you want. I know it's tough to talk about meds but you won't regret it. It's uncomfortable to ask for changes/increases but it's worth it for your sanity! Let me know if I can help! Most of my body may be failing me but my ears, eyes, and brain still work better than ever!

Much love and understanding,

• Oh Lisa, thank you honey...yes please PM me those...that is greatly appreciated!!!! Thank you so much....for caring!! :)
  • Hey Polly, could you please check your settings? I tried to send you a private message and it says you don't accept them. It might have something to do with your privacy settings...
  • Checking them right now....
  • They are fixed now...sorry about that!!
  • <:P No need to apologize! I sent you the link... I hope it helps! >:D<
  • So now that you know your not crazy, keep chatting with your Dr about the felt pain, using a pain chart, and keep him informed to how the meds are working.

Back about 5 years ago, My Dr kept increasing my meds, until I was about 4 times the meds I am on now. I remained there for about 6 months. I found that once the pain was under control, the inflammation and discomfort, started to decrease. I kept dropping the dosage, as I don't mind discomfort, I just want to keep my level at around a 3 to 6. It took a year or more, dropping things slowly. As time went on, I did decrease my dosage as the felt discomfort kept decreasing.
  • I think there are different types of nerve pain from different types of nerves. The reason I asked you about the thecal sac pressure was that I have a great deal right now, and as it has increased that bone deep pain has increased as well- it might be something to check out.

Of course, if your pain is from nerves that innervate your skin, it's going to be a different type of pain!
  • Thank you Lisa I will check that out today!!! I really appreciate it!!!
  • Hey Cent...I will talk to him, even though he is just a PCP, I have to ease this up some how!! I am really really glad that you found a little relief...That is very exciting!!
  • Hello Happy...I am going to find a Spine Dr as soon as I get to Ca and get some kind of medical coverage and I will have them do another MRI or some thing to find out what is causing this so we can get it under control!! That would be so wonderful!!
  • I have this pain constantly in my right side. Some days are better, we all know this. Other days I really just wish my whole body would explode and get it over with.

But this pain is what I call my "dark passenger". Any Dexter fans out there??? Yeah, I stole the saying to apply to my pain. And since I decided to drive 5 miles into town town today, my dark passenger is screaming more than usual.

I hope this eases up on you soon, as I know it is a killer.

• Oh F I hope your passenger leaves for good!! What have you been told this is from?? Sending healing thoughts your way today!!
This discussion has been closed.