Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My new question

spinethoracicspinethoracic Posts: 70
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
So i have a new question. Since i have started to have thoracic problems,i noticed problems with my front chest wall. When i snezze something crack in fort of the chest. Also when i gently press over the midle-left area it hurts alot. And when i strech myself it cracks so much inside. I read about condition named "costochondritis",so my question is,can this simpmtoms be related from my herniated T6/T7 disc??? Today i have realy big numbness in my left shoulder and left arm thightness.....realy its so hard to fight with all of this *hit...any comments? Tnx :)

• then we understand us! any news on your side???
  • recently had a nuclear bone that noted a broken rib on my right side. Lots of inflamation and a definite hot spot. About 2 years ago, I was driving back from my sister in laws from 2 hours away, and I heard a snap and had unbelieveable pain in my ribs...i feel pretty certain this bone scan confirms what happened that night.

I too have lots of chest pain - the doctors agree that i have flattened my thoracic curve. I am sure that is behind that pain. I find myself rubbing my sternum.

since the ribs are attached, what happens in the back effects the front, is my sense on all this.

• Hi Trix, I have a completely dried out disk at that level that I first noticed 15 years ago when I hurniated several lumber disks. It really flared up after mopping a restaurant floor, I guess it was the weight of the mop and the back and forth rotation, dumb on my part. Anyway, I was pretty much told that I would have to live with it because not many surgeons want to mess with that region so I did. Most of the time it feels like 2 cinder blocks grinding against each other between my shoulder blades or a steel rod spearing my back. It completely spasms my muscle running along my spine on the left side and radiates all the way around to my front along one of my ribs. What they told me then was that pain that radiates to my front rib would probably be worse if they tried to operate, I forget what they called it but it was related to a nerve that runs from the back to the front.

Here I am years later and have learned to live with it but it was bad for the first few years. A big help was staying in shape and building up my back muscles to help support the spine so it would take the pressure off. Good luck to you!
  • That is what I was also told about the t-spine too
  • and brigh eyes,after 15 years and building up back muscles,is it easyer now or its the same? Tnx :)