Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Facing Surgery

simon1ssimon1 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Spinal Stenosis
I am waiting for my appointment with a Neurosurgeon. I had an MRI last week. I know I am going to need surgery. I am just curious if others had similar conditions. What type of surgery did you have ? How long was recovery period. I am experiencing Pain !! shoulder, shoulder balde, arm and muscle spasms. Foot arm and hand numbness all on left side. Intense pain after a period trying to do anything physical. I am 47 female and trying to continue working until surgery .Hoping to put surgery off for a little while.
c4-c5 ostephyte narrowing ventral and left ventral aspect of canal . Encroaches and mildly touches and deforms the cord. Narrowing the left aspect of the canal/left nueral foramen

c5-6 Broad disc osteophyte producing moderate to severe spinal stenosis with encroachment to the ventral aspect of the cord and effacement of the CSF (? spinal Fluid) around the level of the cord. Does this mean cord compression ? This also narrows the entrance into the neural foramina and the is moderate narrowing of the left foremen and mild narrowing of the right formen.

c6-7 the same as C4-5

• Welcome to Spine Health Simon.

Not sure what your report says but from what you posted it looks like you might have some serious issues going on maybe meylopathy & radiculapathy.

Arms usually means foraminal stenosis /nerve roots & legs could be central canal stenosis /nerve roots. At least that is what my NS told me about my neck.

I think the reason they like to have surgery sooner rather than later is history shows that you have a better chance of having a higher success rate (less permanent nerve damage) than waiting.

Feel Better,