Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

For The Fallen

NumbskullNNumbskull Posts: 1,526
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Matters of the Heart
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old,
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

An excerpt of a poem by Laurence Binyon

Nov 11 in the Commonwealth countries is known as Remembrance Day, Veteran's Day in the US, Armistice Day in EU. Tomorrow especially, I will remember all of our fallen, who made the greatest sacrifice so that we can live as we do today in our great countries.

Lest We Forget

**not meant as a political statement, meant only in memorium and respect**
APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own

• Great post, thank you for posting,I am working on post too, hugs
  • In Flanders Fields

By: Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD (1872-1918)

Canadian Army

In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders fields.

Another year, another remembrance day, I aways liked this poem, really hits the heart.

I would like to show my appreciation to all those that have served, and are serving,,,

• In WW1 - my grandfather was 14 and in the trenches. Four years he was there, after being wounded, he went back for flight training, Sopwith Camel. Of 21 pilots who started, he graduated, the only living pilot, of the class. 20 funerals.

Nov 11 was the only day he had a drink - whiskey, and had a lotta tears in his eyes, for the friends he left behind.
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Great post. I didn't serve, but have respect and admiration for those who did. And even more for the ones that paid the ultimate price!
    Jim, NAMASTE
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • My grandfather was in WW2, he still has a hard time talking about it. Grandpa and his BIL wrote a book, called What Price Freedom, I think that writing what he felt helped him a lot. He has suffered all of his life with parinoid thoughts etc, what would now be labeled as PTSD, through out his life he was looked down on for it and never recieved the appropiate help.

On Remembrance Day I thank the ones who died for our freedom, those who lived and suffer(ed) from what they went thru, and those that are still serving. Without them our lives would not be what they are today.

Lest we forget.
  • I just attended the wake of a very good family friend (our families are related through marriage). I grew up calling him "uncle" and always have to this day called them aunt and uncle. He served in both the Navy and the Air Force, Korean vet. The last time I saw him was two years ago at the Remembrance Day ceremony that my mom's church hosts, in this tiny little country village. Since my first tour in Afghanistan, they have always asked me to lay a wreath in memory of the Afghanistan fallen. I lost a good friend and another friendly acquaintance on that first tour, and so many more since. After this parade two years ago, we were walking back to our cars and saw my aunt and uncle. Uncle Bev gave me a big hug and told me he was very proud of me. Talk about tears flowing... But I'm glad I had that moment, and as his burial is tomorrow. I wish I had said yes to laying a wreath this year. I had decided not to, as I have been having so many problems with my leg and back, and to me, I would just be ashamed to be bestowed with such an honour, and couldn't carry it out with proper drill. In my own twisted mind, I feel I would just be disrespectful to not be as sharp as I should be, or what someone else could be, who would also be honoured to lay a wreath. If that makes any sense at all. It is hard, when people see you dressed in full dress uniform, with the shiny boots and medals on your chest, and when you have to sit down during the ceremony because your neck and back are screaming at you and your leg and foot are completely numb, they give you dirty looks, because you're young and the rest are standing, but worse, you're beating yourself up inside because you want to be standing honourably too. Sorry, again I'm babbling again today on here, it's kind of an emotional time. Thank you all for your words and sharing your memories of your loved ones.
  • My dad served WWII and was on the missouri for the japan surrender. While he is 89, his memory is perfectly intact and has some very interesting stories as to what went on, on the high seas. I recently was looking for his DD2 papers and came across a binder of all his sea ports(i think is the name), along with a bunch of other things from WWII, and was honored to able to view such old documents and it carried me back to that time thinking what it was all about.

Borrow quote from a friend.
    "Freedom is never free.....In war there are no unwounded soldiers. You have what you have because a patriot in our past secured youre ability to live free. Reflect upon this today. Add that thought to your current existance. This nation will remain the land of free only so long as it is the home of the brave. We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude"
  • To all the Veterans out there!
    We will never forget!

US Marine Corps
  • We enjoy the freedoms that we have today, because of the sacrifices made by those who have fallen.

• My Great Grandfather died at Vimy Ridge on April 9, 1917. He only saw a photo of his son(my Grandfather) right before he died never to have met him. But I believe they have met now.

To all those who serve and protect North America Canada and the USA we see you and know the great sacrifice you give to keep us safe. Living in muddy trenches and going without the luxuries we have here we salute you.

'Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.' John 15:13
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I too salute all veterans and the sacrifices they've made for our freedom.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart to those that have served so that we may be free.

• Kelly, my thoughs are with you and for those who have fallen..

• Kelly, hugs,,, Whoever is laying that wreath will be standing tall and proud, but it is not how long, or how tall, just how proud you are,,I'm so happy and proud to call you a friend, and hear you talk of your tours, share pics, and alway are picking ppl up emotionaly,,, hope today, this cyber hug does the same to you, (((( HUGS ))))
  • Eve, you just made me cry all over again... >:D<
  • I couldn't have said this better to Kelly.

Kelly, you are a treasured friend and I salute you and hug you tightly today and forever.

• To what "C" posted.
  • thank you to all who have served and are serving now!! Jenny :)
  • All those who have gone before you hold you to the higest standards because of your concern for honoring them. I would like to believe they would be forgiving of you because of your personal honor.

Eagles fly high for a reason, for there are others of their kind with them. I am honored to know there are still people around of your calibre to carry on after those who cannot.

Hold your head up high, The highest tribute you can do is try.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health