Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Kindly requesting input on the Duragesic (Fentanyl) Patch

TTLCTTTLC Posts: 876
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi everyone,

I was going to post this under the Pain Medication or Pain Management forum, but because I know a few of our members (friends) prefer to post solely on the Chronic Pain forum... I really value their input, as well.

Due to a recent insurance company change, it looks like I will be starting the Fentanyl patch either tomorrow or Friday. I am a little bit nervous about this, as the only extended release medication I have been on during my recovery is Oxycontin. Because our new insurance plan doesn't cover the cost of my Oxycontin and the out-of-pocket price for me is around $700.00 (this includes discount coupons), my main PM doctor and my pharmacist are working together to put me on something more affordable.

My pharmacist's first thought was Dilaudid, taken every 4 to 6 hours. My PM doctor wants me to continue on an extended release medication, so the decision has been made on trying the Fentanyl patch.

For those of you who have been on this, or are currently on this patch... where do you place this patch on your body? How well does it adhere and do you need to cover it when you take a shower?

Also, how long did it take for the medication to start taking effect? I have always taken my Oxycontin every 8 hours and I'm just wondering if I should plan on needing to take my maximum dose of break-thru medication the first day, etc.

Any advice you may have for me is greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to share your stories with me.

This is a really quick change going on for me and again, I would appreciate any tips or suggestions you may have.

Thank you in advance,

P.S. I apologize to the mods for not posting this under the proper forum, but as I stated... some of our members only post under this forum. I know Jon (terror) takes Fentanyl lollipops and would appreciate hearing from him and the others. This is all so sudden and I'm getting kind of nervous over here.

• Hi Tammy :wave:

I am a F patch user for about 1 yr now. I take 75 mg every 48 hours.

I am just going to type the random thoughts that come to mind, so hopefully you can sift through them and find something helpful :)

This med has been a life saver to me. It has given me back my life in so many ways. I can dress myself now and even tie my own shoes. Something I had not been able to do for several yrs as of the pain just to bend or move in such a way.

I have a heated water bed and was quite concerned about it as you are not to get the patch around any heat sources. I however can not sleep on my stomach. I put my patch on my stomach and on the front of my upper legs.

I can go into a heated pool up to about 92 degrees ( says my Dr )

I also wear a Tergadern film clear window over my patch - which allows showers, long soaking baths and swimming. These can be quite costly though. If you are interested send me a PM and I will give you my ebay seller who I get mine from brand new sealed boxes at a great price.

I did find that the few times I put the patch higher then my belly button I would get a severe headache. Speaking to a few people here that seems to be common with some others as well.

Clean your area off very well - super good dry but be careful not to break skin open ( don't put patch over broken skin ) and apply patch, hold down firmly with your whole palm of the hand over patch to the count of 60. This helps my patch to stay on.

I have heard of others who clean the area with rubbing alcohol, but my Dr told me not to do this - so I don't.

I was on 75 mh every 72 hrs for about 5 to 6 months and then on my 3rd day the pain levels were getting really bad again so we switched me to every 48 hrs.

I still need my BT pain meds.

I am trying to think of anything else to share.

Oh yeah wash your hands SUPER good and dry on a paper towel after putting patch on. I forgot to do this and ate a cookie right afterwards and threw up for several hrs.

I am very very careful with my old patch. I use zippy sandwich bags, which I throw the old window, patch ( which pull off together ) and paper towel into and zip close. I immediately throw this away in our dumpster. If I can't throw away immediately I have a marker I put a huge YUCK on with a frowny face. We do have grand kids over and they know frowny face is bad stuff ;)

I mark my boxes very carefully with the dates I need to change my patch. My boxes come with area just for this purpose.

If you have any say so choose the Watson name brand. It is one of the safer ones, as it has a reserve unit built in to help avoid your body from absorbing too much of the med.

All in all this is SOOOOOOOOO worth any hassles :D

If you need any more help from me, please just give me a yell...

PS: I went from using Oxycontin to the F patch and have never regretted it.
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • i was on 100 micro grams after my first fusion along with the fenatyl lollipops. i went through a light withdrawl with the patch at first. i put them on my shoulder area in front. the only problem i had was sweating. if i cleaned or did something i would sweat and it would come off. i tried using scotch tape but it was not that effective. so you can see you can go through a lot of them if your not careful. dr might think you are abusing them if you do. my dr was understanding and put me back on the oxycontin-45 mg, mine are compounded and the pharmacy used a different strength. i found the oxy to be more effective than patches but that is me. can you also use the lollipops for breakthrough? both together were good. if i had my druthers which unfortunately you don't. i would use the oxy. like i said i used 100 micro grams . try to find a place where you won't sweat too much because adhesive is not that good if it is wet. some people love them and like all meds, you go with what is best, affordable pain management. can you talk to insurane to see if they will help with priice of oxy? but you might like patches better who knows?good luck and feel free to pm me if you have more questions. i now use oxy 45 mg and fenatyl lollipops 500micrograms for breakthrough. is there a pharmacy that can formulate for you? it is cheaper.good luck
    jon the fenatyl man with a plan who likes to eat ham and span from a can
    hahahahhaha, no? welll i tried
    once again
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • on the patch before I had surgery and for a bit afterwards. I was so grateful when I first got it -- I'd been taking hydrocodone before that and every 4-6 hours when it began to wear off, I'd be in agony, then have to fight the pain down again. It was so nice to have continual pain relief. I wore mine on my upper arm. You have to be careful when applying the patch. The main adhesive is on the very edges of the patch, so don't handle that while you're applying it. If you get it on your skin without rubbing off the edge adhesive on your fingers, it should stay stuck, even if you take a shower. I don't recall that it took very long for the relief to start. An hour, maybe? When I finally stopped using them, I remember that I was freezing cold for several days. That's about the only withdrawal symptom I had.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Helpful for extreme pain, however the withdrawels from duragesic fentanyl patch are a living nightmare!!!
  • Hi Tammy
    I've been on the patch for a year or so and its been great!I myself prefer the Mylan brand,I've used the Watson brand and had a hard time keeping them to stay on.I've never had a problem with the Mylan brand.
    I change mine every 48 hours,the first month I used them every 72 hours but the third day I got very little relief.
    I've never used oxycontin so I'm not sure how they compare.I like the continuous release of medication,before it seems I would have that period of time between doses that the meds seemed the stop working.
    I hope they work well for you and you good reief.
    Peace and love,
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Which is also available manufactured by Sandoz a good cheaper generic.
    I was on it for quite some time. But I had side effects with mental mood changes. And went to methadone instead. It worked better for my particular pain receptors.
    I had to change my patch every other day. I wore the patch on my upper arm. Switching arms and locations so as not to get a rash. The upper arm is the only place I could find for a SURE STICK.
    It will start releasing the medicine rather fast. A hr. or 2. You may fell weird at first. But stick with it and give it a fare chance. There are many different micro gram patches so you need to find out what works for you 12.5, 25, 50, 75. and upwards for cancer patients. Good luck on it. Let us know how your doing. you may need to adjust your dose to a level your comfortable with.
    Jim :)))
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • until my fusion in July. They were so easy to apply. I only needed to change mine ONCE a week, which was brilliant. If I needed extra pain relief at any time (usually at night), I used to have morphine liquid as/when required. My first patch, if I remember, took about 2 days before I noticed any pain relief.

When I collected the prescription from the chemist I used to have to sign for them as they were a 'controlled drug'. It made me feel like a drug addict when other people were in the shop looking at me!

I had no problems when having a shower, but if you were to go swimming or have a long soak in a bath, then you may need extra protection over the patch.

I could only put the patches on my upper body according to the instructions (i.e. top of arms, chest, top of shoulders at the back etc) and as someone else has said, I had to make sure there was no broken skin before I applied them. I used to put my palm over the top for at least 30 seconds.

There are many different doses. I started at the bottom and worked my way up as the pain dictated. However, when I reached 20 micrograms an hour I used to get 'funny heads' - to the point that if I was driving and had an accident, it wouldn't have bothered me one bit because I was so spaced out. I reduced the dose after that on doc's advice.

After being on them for about 6-9 months, the patches took my appetite away completely. I lost far too much weight and continuously felt cold and shivery. Also, I became allergic to the plaster which made the surrounding site extremely itchy and inflammed. Even so, the patches were so easy to use. I didn't have to keep taking lots of pills (especially at work) and could forget about them for 7 days.

I stopped taking them when I had the fusion. I didn't notice any withdrawal symptoms, but by then, I was on so many other meds from the hospital that I don't think I was aware of anything much anyway!!!

Hope you get on OK with them - you can only but try I suppose and, if you feel any side effects that you're not happy about, then get in touch with the doctor that prescribed them asap.
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • I was on the 75, after being ramped up.
    When I went looking at it - the research I came across - was that it was meant for those of us - that are on at least 60mgs of Morphine or more - per day - or equivalent.

I found that I had to put it on my chest, for myself - I picked a spot, and shaved it a day ahead [for the guys in the audience]. I also had to make sure that the spot, had some fat layer - as it runs through the fat layer and then gets picked up in the blood. Having this on a thin layer place, I found that it ramped into the blood too fast. My arms were too thin. And the 75 patch - did not fit well. I needed a bigger spot, my chest was it. I never put it on my back, as at the time, it was the jel stuff - and I never wanted my sweetie to handle the patches - after all of the warnings on the box.

If you go look at the blood serum dose charts, from the manufacturer - it shows that it ramps into the blood on a triangle dosage.

When I placed it - I did start to feel pretty good, in 8 hours or so. But after 36 hours, I was dropping off badly.

I never did get it sorted out. It worked very well, when it did. Key for myself going back on it - is actually having good amount of BT meds, when needed.

Take care!
  • Thank you VERY much for your replies. They have been extremely helpful and have put my mind at ease. My anxiety level was sky high when I posted this last night. After I took a Xanax and my Trazadone for sleep... I was knocked out from my rip roaring afternoon.

Mike just got off the phone with our pharmacist and she told him that my doctor definitely wants me on an extended release medication and has decided on starting me out on the 50mcg Fentanyl patch. I've written down the generic version you posted Jim, just in case that's available. I do plan on getting the Tegaderm patch to go over the Fentanyl patch, just for my peace of mind while in the shower.

I have paid close attention to the importance of washing my hands after applying the patch - thank you guys for emphasizing this! MsHumptyDumpty, that must have been horrible for you, after enjoying your cookie! I will definitely wash my hands very thoroughly and dry them with a paper towel.

Jon, oh you made me laugh with your Fentynal Man jingle. Thank you for that! We do have a pharmacy close by that does formulate medications. The only thing is, I would feel really bad leaving our pharmacy as Mike and I have developed an excellent relationship with both pharmacists there. They really go over and above their duty with taking good care of me. I feel I am in good hands with them and they also have been trying to find Oxycontin coupons for us, in the event the Fentynal doesn't work as well.

Oxycontin is the only extended release medication I have been taking for the past two years and I am now down to 40mg's, 3 times a day. It's definitely my drug of choice, but since our new insurance isn't covering the amount of Oxycontin I take... we are exploring other options.

Since my last nerve blocks and injections, I have actually had 3 days to where I only took two of my Oxycontin's on those particular days. Mike spent time with the conversion charts last night and the 50mcg's seem to be a good starting dose for me. I would rather start low and work up, if need be. I have plenty of break-thru medication on hand. I take Percocet 7.5mg's and they work great for my break-thru pain. I am allowed 6 of these a day.

Linda - thank you for the additional application information. I will do my best to apply the patch correctly, so none of the adhesive rubs off on my fingers. It's good to hear that you started to feel relief right away. Thank you for mentioning the freezing cold side-effect after you stopped taking it. All of this information helps!

LasVegas - thank you for your input. I am so sorry you had terrible withdrawls from the patch. I do appreciate you letting me know about that.

Mark - Hugs to you. I always smile when I see your name. I hope things are going well for you. It's been a while since we've caught up with each other. Thank you for the positive feedback. I am glad you are getting great relief and I hope it continues on and on for you.

Sue - Thanks so much for your post. I really appreciate all that you shared. I haven't been allowed to drive since my fall, but I do understand what you are saying about the "funny head" feeling. After Mike went through the conversion charts last night, it seems that the 50mcg's are really close to my Oxycontin dose. It actually is a little bit under what my Oxycontin dose is, but not my much. I would prefer starting low versus being over medicated. Fingers crossed, this will be a good switch for me.

Hi Centurion - Thank you for sharing. I kept wondering where I should place the patch and I think I'm going to start on my upper arms. I have rather good upper arm muscles, so we'll give it a try. Thanks for the break-thru med info. I do have a good supply on hand, so that's a positive.

I will let you guys know how it goes today, once Mike returns my Oxycontin script to my doctor and gets my Fentynal script filled. I am still a little nervous, but I think that's to be expected. You all have really calmed me down from how anxious I was last night and I sincerely thank you for that!

Wishing you all a good day with less pain,

Tammy :)
  • i am glad all of us could be of help. the only other problem with the patches is that they are so heckiedarn expensive, a couple of thou i think at least where i live. my compound oxy is around 70 dollar and my lollipops are around 250. i dropped from 700 to 500 suckers because my wife is now unemployed and my teacher salary is not enough so i went down to 500 for suckers. my pain dr was happy because i voluntary dropped my dose down. good luck and feel free to ask questions about patch or other pain meds.
    good luck friend
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • Just curious, as the image I get is kind of funny, but when you say "lollipops" or "suckers", is it an actual sucker, as in the med is on a little stick? Sorry, I really don't know, and am curious and want to know what they actually are, because I just always get this funny little image in my mind of you sucking on one of those big round lollipops whenever you say that!! :D
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • either one is ok
    the real one is more elongated and on a plastic stick. my compounded are round and on a plastic stick also. they are known as atiqu-SP? and you can look them up. mine are compounded and are round red lollipops that are flavored like cherry or sometimes apple. it takes about 15-20 minutes to suck them clean. they range from 300-1200 micrograms. my pharmacy makes 200,500,700 mics and i don't know if the make them stronger. they are supposed to be break through for cancer patients but other pain patients also use them. some people have had problems getting them for back pain because they are as i said for cancer patients but i have never had a problem. mine run about 300dollars for about 120 of them ,4xday. like i said google them and you can get a picture for non generic ones. people get weird when they see me suck on one, at work i don't do it in front of the kids but alone in my room when no one is there. at meetings i will pull one out if pain of sitting or standing is too bad. most know what they are because i have never hidden them. if people want to know, i will tell them, including my principal. she was weird at first but no more. i don't drool or pass out etc. the only side effect is they put a laxative in them so no constipation. but i have to watch out and run to bathroom or there might be a problem if it takes over.
  • Neat. Taking the med this way, does it get absorbed into your system more quickly? (Sorry Tammy, if I'm hijacking your post!!)
  • the molecule is so small, it gets absorbed into the mouth quicker. goes directly into blood stream. it is short acting but it is good for breakthrough pain. most and i mean most drs are paranoid about using it it is very hard to get. my dr started me on it so no problem. he was not uptight about prescribing meds but he would get on you for abusing them. when he retired people cried because it is hard to get a dr who is liberal with meds. he referred me to another dr close to home and i have not had problems with him either. as long as you abide by his rules he will help and if not he sends out his famous 15 day letter, i will not treat you anymore letter. he does not lecture you, at least too much and since he knows me so well, we have good relationship but he would drop me in a heart beat if i was cheating on meds. you can ask for lollipops but i bet 95% won't give them to you because the narcotic is so strong
  • Oh, I was just curious, as I have never heard of anything like that. Thanks for teaching me something today! But, I do still have that image of you with one of those big lollipops, LOL
  • they are not the size of the disneyland lollipops, too bad, they are the size of tootsie pops. if they were the size of huge disneyland suckers i would be feeling goofy and i would quack up like donald. my wife would give me a mickey and i would feel like i was going to pluto. my 3 nephews think i am weird anyway. i would also feel like i was in wonderland with my friend alice.
    remember a duck who flies upside down quacks up
  • =)) Thanks for the laugh, Jon!
  • Oh I did forget to add the time for them to work for me.

1st day - nothing - day 2 a little - day 3 a lot more

2ed patch - day 1 went backwards in pain level - day 2 - stayed the same - day 3 increased nicely.

3rd patch - even more and I was dancing "well the new way I dance now" lol ;) I called it the Fentanyl Dance.
    It was the first time in years I could lift my feet off the floor in anything even close to doing a "jig" :party:

Remember the tegaderm will stick right to the F patch, so don't plan to only wear the T cover in the shower. Once on, it has to stay on until time to remove F patch.

Again PM me and I will send you to my ebay source for these. They are quite costly other wise.

PS: Buy a larger Tegaderm window then your F patch is. I buy a 4x 43/4 Tegaderm patch
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Hi everyone,

It was fun reading the correspondence between Kelly and Jon. Never worry about hijacking my threads, Kelly or Jon. I thoroughly enjoy each of you... and all of you! =D>

Okay, we applied the patch at midnight today. I am wearing the Fentanyl 50mcg patch with the Bioclusive covering. Being this is the first time for me, I feel better protected with having the covering on. So far, so good.

The only thing that was a bit bothersome was a little bit of drama going on between my pharmacist and my main PM doctor during this whole swicharoo. My pharmacist felt I would get better pain relief with taking Dilaudid, however, my PM doctor wants me on extended release medication... period. I received a call from the nurse from my PM's office yesterday, asking that I don't take any break-thru medications for 3 days. Our pharmacist felt that was absurd, as sometimes it takes a while for the patch to work and she didn't like the idea of me suffering needlessly. But, I am following my doctors orders and I do understand why they are having me refrain from my break-thru meds until Sunday morning. When I was in the hospital after my fall and surgery, I had severe breathing problems at first with the gobs of opiates entering my system. I wasn't on any kind of medication at all when I fell and my body needed some time to adjust to the heavy meds I was given. I do feel my body is very used to opioids now after two years, but understand being cautious right now since it's a new medication and a strong one. If I am feeling the need to take my break-thru medication... all I have to do is call my doctor. It's that easy. I can take the rest of my meds, so I think I will be just fine.

I didn't expect all of this drama, but you know... it means a lot that my PM doctor and pharmacist truly care about my pain management and well being. So, I'm viewing this from the aspect that they are very caring individuals.

I will keep you all posted and again, I welcome any comments! I'm just laying low today.

Tammy :)
  • So, I'm reading through all of the literature again on the Fentanyl patch.

It says not to use any heating pads or heating devices. Does this mean around the area you placed the patch or these are complete no-no's?

I applied my patch to my arm and use heating patches on my lower lumbar area, and also use my infrared heating pad on my thoracic and lumbar areas.

I have not used any heat since midnight, but was wondering if you all still use your heating pads or the thermacare heating patches?

When in doubt, always call the doctor or pharmacist. This I do know and if I feel I need to use my heating pad, I plan on calling my doctor and pharmacist. Just wanted to run this by those of you with experience.

Thanks again... for everything! I appreciate the extra input, MsHumptyDumpty. :)

• I did not use heating devices around me, as heat would increase the entry of the med, to the fat tissue and then get picked up in the blood. It takes time for this to happen, which is why they would ask to not use IR meds.

I did not use any heating thing around my patch, at all. I never hit the hot tub after using it either.

The other thing I found was that once the bond is broken from the skin once, it never re-bonds to the skin - or restarts feeding the skin. I found this twice with patches that got pulled off and I had to re-attach.

As far as heat in differing parts of the body - I did in fact heat my back - lumbar areas - as it was one way to help me feel better, when I really did not!

Gentle hugs - honest - I was very hopeful during each patch start. I felt really good and had great pain control. Well - almost - I felt quite well, after the first day - and it got ramped up. For me - there was a 28 hour window - that things really were looked after quite well.

Take care!
  • The heat thought is if you heat your body temp up then the patch will release more meds - I "assume" that means to the direct patch area. I still sleep in my water bed, I just place it where it won't touch the heated sources.

YET having said that. I recently asked my Dr what if I get a high fever like 102 or higher what should I do. He said while the suggestion is to remove the patch. I said well then I will go through with drawls and be sicker and in pain to boot. He looked at me - winked and said "correct, so don't remove the patch". huh?? lol
  • Hit me yesterday.

I am so nauseated, headache, colon cleanse effect going on.

Was hoping this wouldn't happen as Oxycontin and Fentanyl work on the same receptors.

Zero appetite...

Taking my anti-nausea meds and lots of water. Force feeding myself with the BRAT diet.

Switched out to my second patch at midnight.

Despite it all, getting good pain relief in my spine.

How long should I expect this withdrawl? Any ideas?

Tammy :(
  • Seems to be calming my tummy and headache.

Thank God... this is the pits!

I have never been through such a thing like this. Was only on vitamins and herbal supplements prior to my fall and surgery.

• I seem to be following your experience to a "T".

I am going to stick this out, as I am getting good thoracic relief thus far.

Looking forward to my third patch, as I hope to get a Fentanyl "happy dance" too. :D

Thanks for everything!

• Tammy, so glad to hear the patches are working for you, not so much that you're not feeling well!! I've heard the symptoms can last up to a week, but it would of course depend on the person, and how much they were taking. Did your doctor not suggest weaning off of them at first to not go through so much?

Hope you get over this quickly!! I always like apple sauce and arrowroot cookies or graham crackers when I feel nauseous. Feel better soon!
  • My main PM doctor is new to the practice. She has all of her medical degrees and has been great. She transferred here from DC in February and is much younger than the other 4 doctors in this group.

Anyhoo... no. I was not weaned from my 120mg's a day of Oxycontin. Just switched over to the Fentanyl 50mcg's.

About 18 hours into the switch, my back started hurting really bad, so I called the Doctor on-call. I have seen that doctor before and she told me to start taking my Percocet and to call if I had any other problems over the weekend.

I know this is withdrawls, so I'm just riding it out. I'm glad the Fentanyl is working on my thoracic pain and look forward to when this gross feeling goes away. It's really, really yucky. I'm sure anyone who has been through this knows what I mean.

I was able to make a move, finally, on our Scrabble game! Just wanted to let you know, as I left you several messages on it. I know you are going through a lot Kelly and was tearful as I read your post last night. But, I am so glad you just let it all out. Very proud of you for doing that.

Need to go be still again... ugh.

Look forward to reading how work went today with you, so I'll check around to see how you're doing today.

Take good care,

• When did you have surgery girl? And what did you have done? I am on the patch and have been for 2 years. It will get better. Use the tegaderm covers. They work better for me, I am highly sensitive to tapes etc.
    Hope you are doing better. PM me and let me know whats up...Love, Robin
  • Tammy, you're such a sweetheart, thanks so much. Your turn!! :))(
This discussion has been closed.