Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ear pain, tinnitus, pain meds

DelaneyDDelaney Posts: 22
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi everyone. Sorry i am such a pest hee but, I just am at my wits end! Neuro wants me to have disc replacement now, putting metal one there. I went to a Rhumotologist ( already had the appointment), he said get another opinion. He said, only 40% of these operations work:( He did tell me he thinks my vertabra just collapsed because of DDD. Happened during car trip. He said all my pain is because muscles are in constant spasms. Thats why I have ear pain and tinnitus. All the nerves in the neck are close and can affect your ears, even making them ring louder than a smoke alarm. my analogy, not his. Anyway, i stared taking klonapin because i have sensitivity to tegretol, neurontin, etc. Pain seems little better for 2 days, now its back.
I can't take any more klonapin, I can't function and I was dizzy before i started these.
i go to 2nd Neurosurgeon for another opinion on 22nd. I would never have surgery without 2 opinions.
Does anyone know if there is a pill that helps the pain and ringing but, you're still able to walk straight? i'm taking 1mg every 4 hours. i cut it down, doesn't work at all on spasms and pain.
I have posted before and have gotten so many nice reponses.
What can I do, this has been constant since July. Came on sudden and the spasms get so bad, I can not lay down or move my head. Can anyone relate to this kind of pain being caused by vertabra and disc? Thanks cathy

• I have some problems with my neck, but am waiting for the results of my MRI scan, so I don't know what they are yet.
    I do occasionally get ear pain, although I don't have tinnitus. Sometimes when I wake, the ear that I have been lying on is very painful. Then at other times, as I am putting my facial moisturiser on, I get a pain in front of my left ear for just a few seconds and then it passes. I don't really know what is causing this, but I wonder if it could be my neck problems. I also get a tingling in front of both ears sometimes.

I see a physio since my lumbar fusion. We are now focusing on my cervical spine. He says that the muscles in my neck are extremely tight and in spasm. He is very interested to see what my MRI scan shows. (Me too!!)

I am now finding that when I wake up and turn my head, I feel very dizzy and often wake with a nasty headache (even in the middle of the night).

Do let us know what your neurosurgeon says at your appointment on 22nd.
  • Thanks jellyhall! I took klonopin for a few days, did help pain but, my legs hurt terribly from them. Pills make me so weak. I stop pills and pain in throat, spasms and ringing is really bad again. Im scared. i really am. I have had this 4 months.
    Rhumotologist couldn't help me but, he did say severe muscle spasms can cause all kinds of nerve problems in and around heaad, ears, face. that helped some.
    Afraid this new neuro on 22nd will say he never heard of such a thing from cervical DDD and ruptured discs. Then what? Not one dr ever even looked at my neck until October. Only one out of 13 have said maybe spaasms can cause ear pain and ringing, like smoke alarms. Again, thank you. It is hard to read the same post(mine are the same) but, I'm just hoping someone has had this pain. I will post again on 22nd thanks:)

• my ear is numb and hurts just like my knee.i did ask a pmd about my ear,the dummy didn't know why it hurt or was numb.he just said humm.i only saw this dr once.