Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fusion of L4-5

Valerie27VValerie27 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hi, my name is Valerie. I had a back fusion 12/7/09, and now in dec. of this year my doctor is going to take the metal out. Surgery went well in the beginning! Now I have some tailbone problems, numbness different than before(much better, different pain & I do not care for it anymore), I have bladder problems when spasms occur. I'm happy I'm not on any meds, after 11 months I took a narcotic yesterday(prescribed by my doc a while ago for me) and I hurt less but unable to function. I can not sit to long, stand in one place, or drive distance with out
problems. I am better than before surgery, would do it again! Now I'm experiencing different pain all over my back,numb legs/tingly (more on L leg), knees that give out & I crumple not fall down(stairs), occasion arm numbness & up shoulders. I am a live, try to exercise everyday, use the bathroom often & ice my back often.
I move to Florida from California and my body enjoys the weather here! I'll be open to any suggestions if you care to respond :)

• Welcome to spine Health. I think that you will find us a very friendly bunch of 'spineys' who will be happy to share our experiences and try to help and support you. There is also a wealth of information on various spine conditions and procedures to give relief.

There are others here that have had their hardware removed and from reading their experience, it is a much easier surgery than having it put in.

I'm glad that you found us, and am looking forward to getting to know you better.

Welcome! :H