Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

outta control pain

starsinhereyessstarsinhereyes Posts: 583
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in Fibromyalgia
hi spineys
ty for all the good thoughts and prayers while i was in hospital..
for any of you that suffer with this hell of fibromyalgia i'm wondering if any of you have ever have loss feeling in any areas of body??
i try to stay active and i do my core exercises and few yoga poses...and my fav is walking..
it seems i can't make around half my block my feet go numb then goes up left leg...if i continue to stand both legs go numb...
my hubby got me a cane so i have been forced to use it ..i feel in house thankfully i was near the couch..
i was just put in hospital due to pain off the charts and for test.. doc did cervical- part brain- thoratic mri's with contrast dye...he said nothing showing on those...
he has send me to see a neuro which is next wk or so...
i'm just not convinced this numbness in lower part of body and tingling pins n needles and hands is all due to fibro...
so any thoughts or experience please please let me know

thank you again
spine-health ppl have given me so very much support and i'm bblessed to have found you all...
mary
neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
daily goal do good thing for someone.
advertisement

Comments

• I am so sorry that you are still having such awful pain, but glad that they allowed you to go home.

I don't have fibromyalgia but I do have various tingling, pins and needles, pain and numbness in my hands, arms, shoulders, feet and legs. I was worried that the symptoms in my legs and feet meant that my lumbar spine was playing up again, after my lumbar fusion in March.

Both my GP doctor and physiotherapist think that it could all be due to my cervical spine problems. I have had an MRI scan done, but am still waiting for the results.

I hope that you get to see the neuro soon and that they will be able to tell you what is going on and have an idea of how to treat it.

Feel better soon! >:D<
  • *HUGZ* Girlfriend!!! No fibro here (that I know of!) but Neuropathy - so unlike you, I at least know where my pain will be, vs yours being in one location or body wide depending on the day. A former co-worker had it, and that is sort of how she described it to me.

I so wish that they could find a way to quell your pain, or knock it down bunches. Always here for support and *HUGZ* woman!! Again, Welcome back!! :)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hi Mary,

It stinks to hear that your pain is not being managed after that stay in the hospital. I hope you get to that neurologist soon, and you start to feel better. I am afraid that I can't offer ideas about what is happening with you. I just wanted to offer my support and let you know how much I care. I couldn't read your post without responding. Hang in there, Mary. I hope that knowing that your spiney friends are still sending you positive energy and lots of prayers might help you get through the next few weeks of waiting. I hope you get a break from this terrible pain. If not, please call your doctor. This level of pain you describe right after a work up just doesn't seem right at all. It is not as if you are recovering from surgery, and it is to be expected or something. They should try to help you more I would think while you go through "the maze" of doctors' appointments and tests. I really hope you get some help from the neurologist. In the meantime, if it continues this badly. please contact your doctor for more help. I am thinking of you, Mary!! ((((((MARY))))))

Hugs,
    glo
  • your the best ever
    gentle hugs back to you brend hey are you traveling lately would love to hear about it....ty jelly and glo ty your always there for me lady

ty mary
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • There's some more gentle hugz for you girlfriend!!! I've been posting my travel in my thread:
    http://www.spine-health.com/forum/good-news/retirement-travel-rv-pets

We had a very close call (complete brake lock up type), and it was a good thing I was in the bed in the back - as the load for me didn't affect me - had I been sitting (hubby and I discussed this at length) in the passenger seat, I probably would have ended up in the ER - If I was that lucky! Whew - all is good though. :)

I hope you are feeling better today. Man woman, you have been having such a time lately - I have been KEEPING you in my thoughts daily! Gentle *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
advertisement