Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

So upset :(

LisaRachelLLisaRachel Posts: 286
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Today I woke up in a good mood excited for tonight, I'm having dinner with friends to celebrate my B'day. Last night I went to a single's event and I lasted 3 hours in a bar!! maybe, because I met a cute guy ;).

The bad news is.. My neighbour is moving out today, I found this out when I was hearing all this noise in my bedroom. The walls are very thin. The problem is there going to be renovating the apartment for the month of Dec and I'm having my surgery on Dec 3rd!! The noise is going to be awful how am I supposed to rest while there banging on the walls??? I'm just so upset! I wrote a letter to the management's offfice explaining my sistuation and I forward it to my lawyers aswell. I feel I have just have no luck!

What would you guys do?

Love to all,

Lisa
advertisement

Comments

• Most appartment renovations do not make much noise.Typical renovations are new carpet,vnyl and paint that's it.However the guys doing the work usually have a radio going,Im sure if you asked them they would keep it down.

I hope this helped?
  • Lisa,

Hi. I am so sorry for you. Isn't there hours in which they are allowed to work only. If so, I wouldn't worry to much. During the day, your medicine will knock you out and the rest of the time you will be sleeping.

hang in there. If you are really worried then change the date to after the holidays.

Angela
  • Don't underestimate the power of earplugs. I find them extremely valuable at times (ie when my hubby is snoring or I need to take a nap while he's watching football). I've found the purple ones that have the highest decible removal the best.

Other than that, what has been suggested above is good. I think they can only work during certain times and being an apartment, maybe it won't be such loud work.

Good luck.
    Cath
  • Thanks guys for the support. I wrote my property manager a letter and I have also send it to my lawyers. The noise is awful they have to use a drill and when that thing is on the whole building shakes! actually a lot of the tenents have moved out because of this problem. I'm hoping to speak with them on Monday to see what can be done and for me to have a peacful recovery....

Lisa
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Earplugs are good. If you want to listen to radio get a good pair of "marshmallow" type in the ear headphones. They block out external noise and make it easier to hear music, etc.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
advertisement