Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My Surgery has Been Moved Up!!!!!!!

farmersdaughterffarmersdaughter Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I was supposed to have a 360 fusion on L4-L5 L5-S1 on December 13th. The surgen called and moved my surgery up to November 23!! I am very nurvis about this all. Especially now that it is happening so fast. Is there any advice anyone can give me on what I really need to have done like the must haves. I have read the pre surgery list and printed it out, I am not sure I have time to get everything done though. Any advice will help thank you so much.

• That pre-surgery list is great. Can anyone of your friends or family members help you get things together?

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery!

• off the top of my head , i would concentrate first on the grabber, toilet seat riser, ice packs, food for a few weeks and arrange the items you use most on top of counters/cupboards for easy reach (no bending remember)
    you can order online too

then add the other items as you can
    good luck
  • thank you, I have a grabber thing. How I ever lived with out it before? I am five foot tall so the things I can reach now! I am working on getting a toilet seat riser. I feel about a week ago and hurt myself more so I cannot stand in the kitchen. My boyfriend is not a cook so we have been living off of pizza and Hardees (the only fast food place for 30 miles). Again thank you for all the advice 9 days and counting. I have started a video blog. If you would like you can follow it at
    URL Removed

Thanks Bree

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Administrator Dave
  • Hi bree,

Sounds like you have some good advice so far. I would get 2 ice packs if you are having a 360 as I did cuz you will need for front and back. I had the kind that velcro and went around the waist and a re-freezable pack. You may not have much of an appetite for a few weeks so maybe if you can make some homemade soups or by some and freeze that will come in handy for quick meals. The toilet seat with handrails worked best for me, especially with being cut front and back. Good luck and will be thinking of you. Lynette