Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

another chronic pain sufferer, just like you all!

SadieMaeSSadieMae Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, all! Just joined this evening and thought I would introduce myself first. Wow, where to start? Ok, lets start with me. I'm 48 years old and have been suffering with pain of some sort or another since I was 16. At that time I was in a car accident, tried to take on a bulldozer and the dozer won! Bit my tongue in half and suffered whiplash, which wasn't bad then but was the start of my painful life. Was working in a nursing home at age 18 and injured my low back just lifting and turning patients and sometimes a patient would slip and want to fall to the floor and trying to catch them will do a number on ya! Age 20, while I was in the army I was in a car accident. We were hit head on by a drunk driver doing 50 MPH. Fractured most of my right ribs, punctured a lung, fractured my hip/pelvis in 3 places and flared up my neck and back pain. At age 21, I married a wife abuser and was stupidly married and abused for 10 years. Fractured my face, was choked, kicked, thrown, burned, you name it.

Now at the age of 48, all of this abuse my poor body has ben through has taken its toll. Not to mention a family tendency towards spinal problems. I suffer with neck, mid and low back pain, arm and leg pain, numbness and tingling. So, now I have herniated discs, bulging discs, narrow spinal canal, pinched nerves, L5 radiculopathy, bialteral carpal tunnel syndrome, although the left has been operated and the right will need it some day, spondylolisthesis in the low back, etc. Just like most of you, I'm sure. I have been a medic in the army, as well as a phlebotomist and took EMT training. After the army, I've been a medical asst most of my life, and am currently a neurologic asst for the same Dr for 22 years. I am his transcriptionist as well.

I live in sunny FL, have four dogs, four fish tanks and a soon to be ex husband. I enjoy reading, my hot tub, gardening, caring for my animals. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to you all. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

• Hiya and welcome to the forum. Glad you found us, and you will find great topics here, and support.

Glad you are out of the relationship, and moving forward, hugs
  • HIYA, I'm faily new as well & I just wanted to say "Hello" & welcome to our community. It seems like every one of us has a remarkable story of triumph! You're doing great & thank you for serving our country!
    I look forward to getting to know you on here!
  • That's rough but you've made it through all what you've been through and so glad you're out of that abusive relationship. we're here to support you when you need it. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Welcome to Spine-health. Sorry for your need to be here but we're more than glad to meet you! Hope you find all the info you need here...if not ask and maybe some of us can help you out! Thanks for joining us.

• Hello SadieMae and Welcome to Spine-Health!!

Sorry that you had to find us under painful condition bt glad that you did!

Wow..isnt it amazing what a human can go through and still be kicking...I have a similar story, just minus the spousal abuse, I am glad that you are getting away from that!!

I look forward to getting to know you better!! :)
  • You've found a great place for support. It's great to have you here!

And...I'd like to second the comment on thanking you for the service to our country.

Best to you,

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i to have been a pain patient since before age 16, so i know how long the journey is.. i do hope you find some pain relief soon. good luck! Jenny :)