Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Wierd Leg - Butt symptom

MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
So I'd just a couple of weeks new as being a back patient so I was wondering if anyone else has/had this presentation??

I am ok when standing, walking, of laying supine (face up).

When I sit, recline, or try to lay on my stomach, YIKES, OUH
zonk!! Crampy pain mid tush all the way down the back of my leg. Toes are starting to go numb(ish) ... i beieve there is an MRI in my near future, Anyone else suffer from can't sit down pain disorder??

Spine-health Moderator
Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• Is it a sharp pain or a dull pain? I wonder if you pinched a nerve in the lumber area. Have you used heat or cold packs yet? My parents used to say that when I was a kid that I had the "can't sit down disorder" they took out the pain..
    When is you next doc apt?

• Sounds like my neuropathic pain: mid butt, back of thighs, calves, feet, front of legs from above the knees down to toes. Mine is idiopathic, meaning no known cause. Lyrica helps me avoid a lot of flare-ups, but it doesn't really help once one has started.

I'm getting a cervical SCS trial tomorrow, then a lumbar SCS trial next week. The lumbar should help with all but my mechanical low back pain, which is the real killer.
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    tomorow as it is MVA related. Thanks for your thoughts !!

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• As a new (9 months or so?) lumbar member, I hear ya! So sorry to see this is happening, like you need more crap going on Dave!! I so hope it is a passing thing. Support *HUGZ* as always my friend! MRI - sigh, I hear that!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Can't sit down is very common, I am told, because sitting puts the highest pressure on the spine. For me, sitting is the one thing I can not do when I can do anything else (or I can sit-squirm-cross-uncross-etc, but only in specific chairs).

Standing is second worst. Easiest is reclining and walking (which is odd because I have stenosis, but nothing about my injury is normal so I just go with it).

Yep, I see an MRI in your future! However, I doubt your lumbar spine will look like your c-spine. Mine will, though- between the two of us we'll have a bionic spine!