Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sad news

tamtamttamtam Posts: 2,749
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Matters of the Heart
Wanted to let all of you know that Neck of steel aka Cindy won't be on the forums for more than likely the remainder of the week as her step father passed away. I am sure she could use some prayers and thoughts from everyone on the forums. I know he had been ill for quit some time but that surely doesn't make it any easier.

• my deepest condolences to you and your family at this very saddest of times

gentle hug
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Cindy, I'm sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time.

• Thank you - will add to my list, take care
  • I'm sorry to hear about your loss of a loved one.
    My thought's and prayers for you and your family.
  • So sorry to hear of your loss.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, during this difficult time.

With love,

• I hope you find comfort at this bad time for you. Hugs to you and yours
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Cindy

So sorry to hear of your loss. My sympathies and thoughts are with you and your family during this time. Take care.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Condolences for you and your family. *HGUZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Cindy, sorry to hear of your loss. Hope your memories can keep you stong at this most hard time. Hugs
  • My condolences to you, Cindy, on the loss of your step-father. It's always so hard to lose loved ones. Know that your friends here are thinking about you and praying for you at this sad time.

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Condolences for you and your family and praying you will have the strength to get through this. Your step Father holds a special place in your heart forever. God bless. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Cindy So sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts during this sad time.
  • I decided to relax by reading a few posts here this morning and was surprised to see this announcement and all the compassion shown by my friends here. Thank you all so much.

Glen was 83 and has suffered for the past several years, but was completely bedridden the past couple of weeks. He had completely lost use of his legs, bowel/bladder, couldn't feed himself, speech slurred, mind sometimes coherent--sometimes, not, difficulty swallowing, etc. He had a series of strokes. So his passing was a good thing and it is so nice not to see him suffering any longer.

I need to get off now, but thanks again. It is nice to have friends who care.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • So sorry to hear the news Cindy, but he is off to a better place. I wish the best for you and your family during these times and I hope to catch up with you soon.
  • No time on earth is long enough
    to share with those we love
    or to prepare our hearts for good-bye.
    May time soften the pain
    until all that remains
    is the comfort
    of memories and love.

Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,

• I hope that your sadness will be eased by happy memories of good times spent together. >:D<
  • Sorry to hear of your loss, it is never easy, even if it is a blessing. Hope you and family are doing ok. Gentle Hugs, Robin
  • Cindy,

My MIL kind of went that way, and we (the family) too felt she was now in a much better place. It stinks for this to happen, but glad that his suffering is over. More *HUGZ* for you and your family.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Cindy,
    i am so so sorry to hear the news concerning the loss of you step dad.
    you, your mother and your entire family are in my thoughts.
    life is tough but the love of family and friends helps us to deal with our grief.make sure you open up and let people in i know this is very hard as your heart is in pieces and at that stage you wonder when will it ever heal....or will it.
    thats the time when you need to open up and dont suffer alone others are feeling grief as well.....chat amongst each other of all the good memories,...the fun times,...the laughs the jokes....because thats what helps to heal.personally it makes me feel close...a bit contented if you get me.
    so go give your mum a big hug from me and tell her my thoughts are with her.

miss you cindy we need to catch up.
    so much has happened between us all from we first met.makes you wonder why we are all suffering this terrible chronic pain....and then our loved ones time has come....strange....thats life i suppose.

LOVE P