Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Experiences Orthofix Bone Growth stimulation, Spinal-Stim

Renos64RRenos64 Posts: 77
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all,
I am wandering if here om this forum are other people who have experience with the Orthofix Spinal-Stim, model 2212 to support the bone growth for fusion.
I use a bonegrowth stimulator since I suffer on pseudo-arthrosis (non-fusion) at one level L4L5.
But when I use the device, mostly 4 hours a day, it give me more pain. The pain started always after 1 hour of use. My question is if some have this pain experience to due to the Orthofix? Is it better to wear it in short periodes, multiple during the day?
What are the results? Is it also used for pseudo arthrosis?

Any infomation is welcom. Thanks.

* 2-level fusion, L5S1 and L4L5
* Non-fusion at L4L5 9 months post-surgery

• I wore that, and it did'nt cause me any excess pain.
    What bothered me was the bulkiness of it.

Maybe it is pressing on a sensitive area. You could try bending it so it's not pressing on your back.
    They are kinda flexible so you should'nt have any trouble putting a bend in the back of it.
  • Thanks for your advice.
    For how long did you wear it? hours/day? results? What was the indication of prescribtion?

• I wore mine for 4 hours a day, for 6 months.
    Doctor's prescription.

Had a CTscan done at the 5 month mark and it showed i'm fusing.
    I also still smoke, and that is suppose to be a strike against you, when it comes to fusing.

So in my opinion, yes i think that these things do help, and it's only 6 months which does seem long at the time, but you learn to deal with it.