Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Scott in the UKSScott in the UK Posts: 136
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Well Ive had the op earlier today and authe moment I dont feel too bad. God help me when the morphine wears off. Ive been told that I must not sit up. Has anyone ever tried to eat a chicken curry and rice whilst lying down .

• Wow, you sound awesome! Yay for morphine! Don't let it wear off!
  • Now the healing begins. What a picture that is of eating while laying down. You're sounding positive. Best wishes for you recovery. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hello Scott...I am glad you are least feeling good now!! That is wonderful!!

Please keep us updated on your pain levels!!!

• in your recovery. Please keep us updated on how your are doing.Take it easy and let the healing begin.
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Well done for posting the same day as surgery!!
    Was it really you posting? My hubby posted for me on my surgery day.

You must be doing well to be eating chicken curry and rice already.

I hope that you have a peaceful and comfortable night. You are on the way to feeling better and getting your life back.

Hope your little boy will be reassured to see that you are ok. :-)

Take good care. We'll be interested to follow your progress as you heal. :H
  • Welcome to the other side. You will feel better each and everyday. How come you do not have an adjustable bed? That would have helped with eating.

• Scott!!! ***HUGZ*** <--- Gently of course!!

Welcome to the other side! So good to see your back with us, and sounding pretty up beat at that! Remember to rest and follow doctor's orders to the "T" as they say!

I hope you didn't wear too much curry! Again, congrats!!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Glad to hear you are doing so well. I hope this continues and proves to be a quick and endurable recovery. I had numerous surgeries where I was restricted from sitting for 30 days post op. I learned how to eat standing up with my plate placed on a box on the table or an ironing board.

Yum ... curry!

• That is brilliant (I'm a yank, and always wanted to say that lol). I'm 8 days post op myself, but I'm very happy to hear you made it through alright. Eating laying down was hard, but you should be up and around very soon. Best of luck!!

• Yeah, eating while laying down is difficult. I'm surprised you haven't got an electric bed whilst in hospital - it made my life so much easier.

So glad the operation is over now - you can now focus on your recovery.

Have you got a morphine button to press as/when you need it? I do hope so.

You take very good care and hope you will be home very soon.
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!

• You will have been visited by the physiotherapist today. Hope that all went well and hope that they are keeping your pain down and you comfortable.

Keep following all instructions and allow yourself time to heal. :-)
  • Hello Scott !! Welcome to the other side , I do hope you are pain free and comfortable !! Chicken curry !! You must be doing good , I had a slice of toast which took forever to eat !! Glad you are ok though. Keep us updated xxx
  • How was day 2 postop? Hope all is going well. Keep us posted.

P.S. Oh just throw the curry in a blender, makes a lovely smoothie lol J/K!