Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

fyrfliffyrfli Posts: 35
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Chronic Pain
Okay, so after having a piriformis shot yesterday, I am in MASSIVE pain today. Worse than usual. I dunno if it is from the stimulant they used for my muscles, the general stress of the shot, or what, but man I am completely out of commission today.

The past few weeks have been hell. Got fired from my job due to my "illness" and the fact that I can't lift. Ugh. Now since I have no job, we have to move into a smaller more affordable house. My husband works 15 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. Guess who has to pack. Yup, me. Ever since I was fired, I am exhausted!!! Probably depression, or whatever, but I have no energy or motivation. So this is a HUGE pain in the butt. Add our two wonderful young son's to the mix, and I am a wreck.

Currently on Lyrica 150 twice a day, and Lortab 10 mg 3 times a day. This is not holding me over pain wise. It sucks. I am taking handfuls of ibuprofen and aleve(not od'ing here lovies, just seems like a lot) and that isn't taking it away either. I am just totally frustrated. I know, most of you other spineys are in the same boat. I think I just needed to vent!!!!

• Ahh, glad we are here for you to vent, sometimes just getting it off your chest helps,,,temperary, the emo side,,, hugs, sending cyber hugs and good vibes your way
  • i get you...i was fired too, and i was doing my job when i got injured. believe me, even after 6 years, i still have thoughts of sending an email with the xray of the screws placed in my body...to my x-employer!

i hope you can find support in all the ways you need it. remember, you didnt do anything to deserve all this jazz...keep coming here to vent...we get it
  • for listening to my venting. I love my fellow spineys!!!

• I had knee surgery two wks ago already.
    The only thing I have done different is not stand all day like I do at work (which I tried to go back last friday, and lasted one day and came home crying in pain). Both of my legs hurt so bad from my knees down, shins mostly but my calves off and on. They burn with spasms that won't quit. It started really bad yesterday morning. I'm at the knee surg ofc now but I know it has nothing to do with my knee surg.
    My appt with my neurologist isn't till mid Dec.
    I thought about going to the ER but what could they do?
  • I thought I was where I could start a new topic.
    I am sorry you lost your job at such a bad time for you. I quit a job of fifteen yrs and a $5.00 hr cut to work for a good friend(or so I thought) and fire me one year later because they were cutting back. That hurt in a lot of ways. That was eight years ago.
    I hope you can manage your pain and who knows maybe this is one of those times that you are meant to be home and "all" works out for you. I sure hope so.
    Again, I'm sorry I posted the wrong place. Word of advice to my self is don't text in a dr. Ofc.
  • I cannot imagine moving - period, let alone with two young ones to care for and doing it all alone. That is just too much! Can you maybe get some family, neighbors, or friends to help? You can't possibly do it all honey, you are gonna wear yourself down to nothing.
    I'm sorry you're having such a crappy time. Sometimes bitching and complaining IS the best therapy! Take care - Marion
  • i thought due to the american with disabilities act that people with disabilities can't be fired. i thought that work had to accommodate your disabilities. i teach and have had numerous back surgeries and have missed work. i was never fired and in fact my dr made a list of accommodations that work had to follow and they do to a tee. is there something i am not aware of? even if you are workman's comp don't you have protection? i was not workman' comp by the way and my back problems were not work related. do you have a union that you can go to? if not i would call up and see what legalities are for you. even if you can't do your old job, i thought work had to find another position that would accommodate you.
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • I work for the federal government, and they don't have to do jack for me - the government! If I can't do my job, I can be asked to step down, retire, or be fired. I saw it happen to a good friend of mine who had been here almost as long as me and had the same failed fusion as me. Nobody takes care of us; in the grand scope of things/life I think you're pretty much on your own in most areas, especially involving work. Oh, sure they might have some mandates in place to protect people, but they just BS around that and turn it back on the employee anyway. I see it all the time!
  • What my work place did was highly illegal. I have been in touch with a few different lawyers, and the state and federal Human Rights Bureau, and it is all being investigated. Stupid people messed with the wrong spiney!!!

I know I shouldn't be doing it all, but I don't burden others, if I can't do it, no one can =) Hubby doesn't realize the toll pain has on me, as he has never been in this situation himself. It is hard for me to even try to explain to him what my emotional state and physical state are like these days.

I don't really have anyone else to ask, friends and family all work and stuff....so I am stuck with this task. LOL. Makes a person stronger I guess.

Today I am highly emotional. Between the pain and my hormones and everything else, I am a weepy mess. Ugh!!

This discussion has been closed.