Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of doctor administers epidural cortisone injection?

sswang00sswang00 Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 1:48 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am considering consulting a doctor to get a cortisone injection. Im wondering who kind of doctor is trained for this?
An Orthopaedic? Neurologist? Physical Medicine Physician?


  • Some NS will do them, and pain management & physiatrists for sure. Not sure on the OS. I have had epidural injections from the 3 listed above.

    You should consult with your PCP.

    Good luck to you.

  • Mine was done by a physiatrist (physical medicine and rehabilitation).
  • I have seen or gotten EPI's from the following types of DRs:

    Pain Management Doctors

    I am sure there are others that can give them, these are just the most common.
Sign In or Register to comment.