Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI results

BobbyRBBobbyR Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi everyone.

A little bit about myself. 4 years ago I had C5, C6 & C7 fusion with hardware. A few months ago I started having pain in my right shoulder and arm again. Being in the military, no one believed that I was in pain. For about 2 months I continuously went to sick call until they got tired of seeing me and finally ordered an MRI.

I received my MRI on 13th Nov. On the 17th of Nov. I went on sick call again to see if my MRI results came back, and they did. It showed that I have bulging discs above and below my fusion. The young Captain who has been treating me (I have kid older than this guy) said you must be in a lot of pain. I said,"YOU THINK!!????". This time he got smart and referred me to Orthopedics.

I have 14 years in the military and this will probably end my career. But that's OK. If I stay in I will probably end up a cripple. I have too much to live for. Hopefully I will get medically retired.

Thanks for listening.

• Welcome to Spine Health!! I was 10 years Army, then a year after I got out, went with the Federal Govt. Due to issues in my neck, and now too the lower upper lumbar, I had to retire under "medical *disability* retirement", and so far, it is working out well. My surgeon and Neurologist both told me that if I continued to "try" and work, I would be in a chair in about 2 years! I still may end up there, but at least now I can focus on *me* and healing.

My levels keep failing below the fusions. Losing another level now (partially failed already), and have issues well above the fusions (not related). Once you get to where you can't complete essential elements of your job, that is where they would consider the medical release. I am sorry that you are going through this, but very happy that *finally* a doctor is looking and finding what is going on. Please keep us posted on how it goes. Gentle *HUGZ* to ya!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.