Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Baclofen vs. Soma

tarheelgirlttarheelgirl Posts: 473
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Pain Medications
Ok, anyone have any thoughts/experiences with these two? I've been on soma but, my doc put me on baclofen to try. So far, it seems way more sedating...is that normally the case?

• I actually switched to baclofen at one point, because flexiril was too sedating for me. Baclofen didn't make me tired in the least! Just goes to show how different we all are. My pm said that for those that flexiril makes them tired, baclofen normally won't, and vice versa, from his observations.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Like Kelly, the Baclofen does not cause drowsines for me.

• An elephant tranqulizer to make me drowsy. None of the muscle relaxers have that effect on me. On top of all my meds I take about 2-3 350mg of soma a day and 10-15mg of valium (for spasms). Pm doc says could be due to the high level of oxy (prescribed) I take daily. I'm a little thing too, 106lbs at 5'7"; so yes, as Kelly said we are all so different! My husband takes 10mg of flexiril and he out for the count.

Tarheelgirl, I hope your new rx works out well for you.