Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Two years ago today

lstellerllsteller Posts: 1,428
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I was waking up from my first surgery in the hospital, finding out I had to stay four more days and have a second surgery. I'm happy to say that, although I found that to be a nightmare, everything has turned out well and I am fused, fairly comfortable all the time, and just a bit stiff. I don't miss the excruciating pain and the inability to walk. I have my life back and I'm a happy girl.

For those of you who are just beginning the journey, I wish you accurate diagnoses, skilled surgeons, and talented physical therapists. There is hope at the end of the tunnel.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.

• I am glad that you are doing ok.I am so happy for you . for me after 3 surgerys 2 fusion and a hardware removal i am still waiting for that light at the end at the tunel.
  • You always give me hope...thank you!!! Happy anniversary!!

• Linda,

So good - NO great to hear you are doing so well. Prayers and thoughts that continues woman!!! :) Always good to hear great news!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • So good to hear about sucess gives us hope. Really nice that you are still posting on this site as I am sure your experiences are of great value to others.

Thank you for that! :D
  • This is so great to hear.

I am happy that your nightmare is over and may you continue on with lots of walking, less pain and a smiling face.

Thank you for staying with us, as your story is truly inspirational to others.

• Thanks for being here and encouraging others after your surgery went so well. Very happy for you that you're doing so well. A very positive success story. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Very cool...I'm so glad to hear you are a happy girl. It's also good to know that patience, time, also play a factor.

I pray your health and happiness continues and that others soon find themselves posting similar successes.

• I pray for your continued success. It is so happy to hear a success story!

• thats really good news you had a sucessfull fusion, good to hear positive outcomes

keep well
  • I still come back here to visit because I received such good help and support while I was going through the pain and the surgery. I was so aware that there weren't a lot of success stories and it really did frighten me. I think it's important to come back and share my success and give support to not only those I came to know during that time, but also to those who are new to the site. Fusion surgery isn't for everyone, and it is not an easy road by any means. I think it was a full 18 months after the surgery that I was still wondering if I had done the right thing. I've had about six good months now and am really beginning to enjoy my life again. For those of you who are still suffering, I hope you can find someone who can help you in your struggles. I refused to be swept under a rug. I was told my condition was helpless and that I was not a candidate for surgery. I ended up going to a teaching/research hospital where they (thankfully) saw things a bit differently. I'm glad I didn't give up when others did.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Terrific that you've had 6 good months so far. I remember your earlier posts and the pain and setbacks you went through, but you never gave up. =D>

Keep enjoying life.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008

• Linda,

I remember reading your posts when you were still struggling with pain. :S

It is so good to hear that, through perseverence, you have moved on to a happy outcome! Well done!! You deserve to have won your life back again. :D

So helpful to others to come back and let us know how you are doing. Thank you. >:D<
  • Thank you for posting!
    It's very helpful for me to hear of your successful journey. I am almost at the 3 month point, and have recently begun to utter the regret thoughts. I pray that I too can pop in & post something positive, as you have done. For now I take each day as it comes and praise my small progresses, like standing up out of a chair unassisted or taking a shower by myself.

I hope you continue to stay well and I hope your stiffness eases up.

• Thanks for your words of encouragement. I'm rather new in that I am almost 7 months post surgery. It is good to hear that one can continue to make progress. Has your right foot gotten better? My experience with my right leg/foot has been much like yours. How are you managing stairs these days? I would like to know for those two issues are two main ones for me. Please feel free to send a pm for you may have discussed all this before. Thanks.
  • HI Linda!

so glad to hear you are doing well! I too remember all the difficult times you had. I was out dancing this weekend and just couldn't stop, feel like I had to make up for lost time! I read your post on my post and you can try zumba and you can modify to what you know you can do, just keep goovin!!! Lynette