Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A Holiday Wish

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
I know that Thanksgiving is not a universal holiday. My good friend Tracy from Canada explained this to me.

Still, it is a time to really reflect on everything that we have and all that is good.

Just part of the word in this holiday, Thanks says so much. So many of us are going through difficult times and we can easily go over to the dark side and believe that we are stuck and we are not going to get any better.

Believe me I fully understand this. Right now I am not a happy camper with the recovery from my second complete shoulder replacement. I am dealing with more problems now and the pain and discomfort has exceeded any of my previous lumbar or cervical surgeries.

But, as another friend (TTLC) stated: All Things Must Pass So, I know in a couple of months I will be feeling so much better.

Keeping that positive approach is so very important. But right now, to me what is even more important is for all of us to sit back a bit and look at the total picture.

Sure, we have medical problems. Are they the worse? There are so many others that are not nearly as fortunate as us.
I still maintain, as long as folks here can log on and contribute to these forums, we are a lot better of than many others.

Be thankful for what we have, the family and friends that are there for us. And even those without family or friends, you know that Spine-Health is always a friend.

In the past, we have had people in the monitor status, give up their holidays, to sit and monitor both the forums and chat rooms to see if there is anyone that needs some help.

Put on a smile and be so very thankful for all of those around you who are helping you through some rough times.

Happy Thanks(omitting the giving) so that it can apply to everyone on this site.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Sorry to hear that your shoulder is being a bit cantankerous in this recovery. I hope that things turn for the better sooner rather than later. Thanks for the holiday wishes. Best to you and your family.

• Great Post Ron,

I am glad to see you back. Give that shoulder heck for me :) You are right. This to shall pass... eventually. Thanks for the reminder. I had a bad ESI on Friday and my pain levels have been uncontrolable since about 5 pm that day. Knowing it will pass gives me strength and keeps me positive.

Ditto to my friends & "spine" family- Happy Thanks!

• I hope your extra pain from shoulder surgery passes sooner than later.

You are correct, sir, in that we all have something to be thankful for, even if it's simply the roof over our heads.

I wish all my southern spineys a Happy Thanksgiving filled with love, joy, family and friends.

Please stay safe, if you drink, don't drive. As some of you may remember, I lost a friend from drunk driving on our Thanksgiving weekend last month. Please don't make the same mistake he did, or let anyone else.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Thanks for the beautiful post and update on your progress (or perhaps, lack thereof).

I'm glad that you can see some things to be thankful for during this time, but I'm very sorry that you're having such a tough time with this surgery. Recovery is never easy, but to be the worst you've ever felt is awful.

I think that turkey contains minerals that will up your endorphins and make you feel better. Oh, wait, I think I remember now that it just makes you sleepy. Oh well, eating is almost always fun anyway.

I hope you have a good holiday despite the problems, and can enjoy your time with family and friends.

Take care and start healing faster!
  • sorry about the second battle your going thru and yes alot to be greatful for...
    reading thru alot of post i'm truely better off than most and i'm very grateful for my insurance ( or the fact that we still have it for now)

I have come today from a neuro whom believes me that i do have more going on than just a severe fibro flare up... so will be doing ct scan of sacrum on sat.and also emg's (arms n legs) .
    Also i am so greatful my moms house sold(she's 87)and she is living with us....greatful but new type of stress.....
    I am reaching out to few ppl have just met and whom will be here for thanksgiving dinner my family thinks not as i...but i try to tell them daily you have to help others in any way you can and help will come to you...
    i wish you much speedier recovery ron...
    and for spine-health i am thankful

neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm sorry you're not doing better yet. I hope your pain lessens very soon.

I'm thankful for your friendship Ron and many others here on SH. This site has been a blessing to me. The people here are always so helpful and understanding.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.

• I'm sorry to hear of your pain and not healing as fast as the first shoulder. I hope you're getting less pain daily and start to feel better soon. Saying a prayer for your healing. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • You feel better soon, I can relate to your pain.

It will pass with time, but it can seem like forever while you are healing.

My partial replacement shoulder has resumed its "Rice Krispie" sounds (snap,crackle,pop)hurts more and is making me very nervous.

I do not want to travel that road again and think you were very brave to have both done so close together!

Take care and remember to take a nice long nap after dinner on Thursday!
  • Thanks very much for the update. Hopefully the worst of it has passed, and you will start to see (and feel) improvement daily soon!

Happy Thanksgiving to your and your family as well!! Gentle *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Sorry to hear you're having a rougher time with this shoulder replacement. I feared you would though due to how advanced the arthritis was in that shoulder.

Hope you are able to enjoy your holiday to the fullest. Some wine with that turkey....??? lol

Best to you,

• Hope you will feel much better soon Ron, and then you'll have a real good reason to say Thanks. Take good care of yourself and keep up the positive attitude, it will help you pull through this hurdle too.

Gentle hugz,