Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ok..NEED to vent....

PollyRPPollyR Posts: 411
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Chronic Pain
Well everyone I am hurting more than I was and I am still waiting on the Dr that I was refered to to call me...no word yet. Tonight will be a week and if I dont hear from them I will have to go somewhere and get an MRI done...Oh I am soo tired of this already!!!

Sorry I just needed to get that out of me!!

• Polly ~hugs~

You have to call the "new" doctor. Keep bugging them. They may the refferal but not your phone number, the refferal may be sitting on some one's desk who is off this week..... There could be all kinds of things going on as to why no one called you yet.

Please keep calling them, also call your PCP that reffered you and let her/him know that you haven't recieved a call back yet. Maybe they can push it a little faster.

If all else fails go back to the ER they will still have to bill the auto accident insurance.

• Oh Julie I am so fusterated!! I called the new Dr and they said...no still no referral!! :jawdrop:

So I tried calling my Dr and they are out to lunch until 1:30....tonight will be a week and I am hurting worse than I was!! OK..off to scream into a pillow..
  • Call your lawyer and ask if you can just to to a emergency clinic. If you have to put it on your insurance and give the bill to lawyer when you get it. Lawyer will pass it on to the appropiate auto ins. co.
  • At least you know the refferal never reached them. Half the problem is solved :) try to stay patient >:D< Hopefully they will get the refferal today.

If the pain is too much please go back to the ER.

Hang in there ~ hugs~

• Hello Jim, yes I think that is what I will have to do...I am just so tired of fighting this new battle!! Ya Know?

• Oh Julie...how do you stay SOO strong?? You are like "Wonder Woman" to me!! Your my Hero!! O:)

I am calling the lawyer now to see what I should do!

How are YOU doing today Honey?? I hope better!! :D
  • Polly are you in a no-fault state? Usually if the car insurance is covering your medical treatment they handle payment directly. All you need is a doc who accepts that as payment.
  • I hope this gets cleared up fast, though it doesn't look like it does it? I know it is hard, but stay strong, keep your wits about you, and above all take it easy on yourself.

• Hello Kris, I really have no idea if its a no-fault state..LOL...I live in Colorado and this is our first accident in over 18 years! We did not get Med-pay on our insurance so my PCP wont see me...kinda wierd but they are referring me to a rehab Dr...

The whole situation has got me so mixed up its not even funny!
  • Hi Fyr...no not fast at all...I just dont get it! The mess this has turned into is down right scary....In my mind it should be easy! LOL...

Thank you and I am trying to take it easy :)
  • OK from what I see online Colorado is not a no-fault state as of 2003. Have you spoken to your insurance agent to find out if you have medical coverage on your policy? And if not does the other guy have coverage?

Now I'm really confused about why if your PCP is not seeing you why would you need a referal?

I would call your insurance agent first. THen call your lawyer. They often will handle these things for you but I never trust anyone when it comes to my care and money.
  • Hi Polly, sorry I don't know about the laws in the USA (I'm from the UK) but this seems outragous to me. I really feel for you and am so sorry you are having to deal with this c**p whilst in so much pain.

Breath and try to stay strong. You obviously have some good friends on this forum. Take your stregnth from them. lol
  • Hi Kris...yeah I guess the only reason that MY PCP has to fax over a referral is this new Dr only see's new patients by referral...that whole thing is soo stupid!! Yeah the girl has insurance that has STILL not called me or my insurance back....been almost a week!

I called my lawyer and he said he will get on top of this to get me in to be seen....I told him that I just want "some" relief, thats all!!

I feel like running around my office screaming and pulling my hair out!!

You know the ONLY thing that keeps me from doing that OTHER than the pain it would cause...I like my hair!! LMAO... I had too!!
  • I am pretty new here but I am so blessed to have found this informative web site with all the great forums. Well, enough of my blabbering. I big hig to you - I hope you get the medical care real soon that you have been waiting for. I sympathize with the pain. I have become so exhausted from it but trying to stay positive and encouraged. I am wishing you lots of well wishes right now :>)

• Make sure you get an answer from the lawyer tomorrow. I know in NYS you have to file a report with the motor vehicle withing 24 hours. Usually the insurance company does this when you call them. Do you have her insurance info? I know with my accident I had to call the other guys company when I took my car to the body shop. He had not reported the accident to his own insurance so they took the report from me and contacted him. :)

• Kris, the day after the accident we called our insurance and they called hers...she had not reported it either!! :jawdrop: . I got a call from our insurance asking if we had heard from her insurance...I said NO...he said can you call and leave a message and maybe between the 2 of us they will call!! Can you believe this...I cant!!

Now on top of it...I called the "new" dr...they finally got the referral BUT they only treat patients that have been seen by a differant Dr first!! :jawdrop: ...I said...your kidding me right?? Nope no joke...so I called mine back and she is trying to find me some one I can get some treatment from!!

And of course it is 2 days before Thanksgiving...no relief for me!!

I am gonna go crawl into a hole now...
  • Hello Phurr....thank you and yes this site and our wonderful members have saved my life in the past!!

I could not pray for better or more supportive friends!!! And now i can add you to that list :D

Thank you my new friend!!
  • Hello Lotus, yeah it is outragous!! I just feel sooo invisable right now!! I do have many wonderful friends here, now I have you too...Thank you for the well wishs..they mean alot!!!
  • Maybe I don't understand. Is it because you have an HMO? Since this is going to be paid through insurance I would just go to the darn doctor myself and give the bill to the lawyer.

Hang in there. We are all thinking of you!

• Oh Angela...thank you for that!! I am really leaning this direction...I am tired of the run-around!! I dont have health Insurance, thats part of the problem I think!! Hopefully my lawyer will call me tomorrow and tell me what Drs work with them and I can get in to somewhere!!

Thank you again, that was sweet!!
  • Angela is saying the same thing i said.
    Screw the ins. co. and go to the doctor, to get checked.
    That one doctor you mentioned, is basically saying he will only see patients who were refered to him, not walk-ins. So i would'nt even bother with him. It's your right to get proper medical attention, and not get screwed around by some doctor like that.
    Go to a doctor of your choice and tell them to send the bill to your lawyer.
    And make sure you get the incident/case # from the other guy's ins.co.
  • Good thoughts coming your way. I hope things work out for you soon.
  • While I cant give you any advice about the insurance and legal stuff, I just wanted to say sorry about the accident, and I hope you heal quickly and the pain passes soon!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • we all need to vent some times its better to do it on hear i guess this is my first night on here iv been fighting with my wife nonstop cause she thinks im not in that much pain but im a vary stubborn man and this pain takes me off my feet i just need someone that understands what its like to wake up in pain and fall asleep in pain they have me on perkacet but that barley dulls it and if i ask for some thing different they think im drug seeking why do a few people have to make it look bad for people that truly need the medication
  • Hello Husband...we understand all of that here...sometime its only seems like people with the same pain can really understand it!! Welcome to SPine-health you have found the right site here!!

I am very sorry that you are not only going through pain but fighting with your wife on top of that is very miserable!! I am sorry and I will add you to my prayer list!! If you need to vent or talk you can always PM me!!
  • I am so sorry you are going thru this BS on top of hurting so bad. I know stress does make it much worse! Try to calm down and not get too worked up (easier said than done) I know, but stress definitely makes pain much worse. I hope you can get this resolved quickly and get to the bottom of things. I hear so many stories like this, it is so wrong what people have to endure sometimes, life just isn’t fair sometimes. IF people would just do what they say they are going to do, things would go a whole lot smoother that’s for sure…
    Take care buddy – Marion
    P.S. I sent you a PM
This discussion has been closed.