Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

where to store all those bottles ?

Tetonteri66TTetonteri66 Posts: 27
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in Pain Medications
For those of you that take lots of medications, vitamins, supplements, etc. I wonder if you could share where you store them?

I am trying to "de-clutter" for the holidays, and realize I have bottles spread all over the house, but mainly by my desk where I tend to take most of my pills. I want them out as I take things several times each day, but it looks messy. I guess I just have too many bottles of various supplements, vitamins, various things I've tried for sciatica, etc. that I no longer take, but might want to try again soon, etc. that they don't all fit in a little basket, or tray, or whatever.

Any ideas??
advertisement

Comments

• hi! :H i see this is your first post and i want to welcome you to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am a neat freak myself so i have storage bottles for storage bottles!! LOL!!one idea i do want to pass on is to not keep all of your most important meds in one bottle. keep a few out in a special place, or even a few more for an emergency.."emergency meds" are always good to have on hand... i know you will get some good ideas! stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • Another good idea is to buy one of those day of the week containers from the drug store. You can get them in different sizes and some have multiple times of the day.

Then once a week you refill the container and that is all you have out. The rest can be keep in a cool dry place that is safely away from prying fingers. Especially if you have narcotics which should be out of sight, out of reach and even locked up if appropriate.
  • I have mine that I am not taking under my bathroom sink in a tiny little suitcase. I wish it would lock. The rest are near by. I would just put them away if you are having company. I need to figure out how to lock them somewhere so if anyone has a good idea!

Angela
  • Angela get a small safe. Most drug stores have them for under $50 and I know walmart has a decent one too. The idea is to make it difficult for anyone to get to the bottles.

Don't you have kids? They are the biggest offenders when it comes to stealing meds. And it's not only the narcotics since often they don't know what each med does. But those drugs can be even worse.
  • keep any stockpiled/extra meds in the bank vault. Not convenient, but piece of mind. Then I have a smaller safe where I keep every single bottle, 100% of the time. Every week, I fill up my weekly pill minder, that has a single day container for each day with 4 boxes that can hold pills. Each night, I get the next days med container, one single pill box (4 containers) and get it out.

I wear the key to that safe around my neck at all times. My kids are 21 and 18 and this just makes me feel safer. Hate to tempt them or any of their friends. I only take the key off to shower. Another set of keys to the safe is at my husband's work, in case I misplace my set.

Don't wait until meds have been stolen to decide to get a safe. It is a horrible feeling of violation. Especially if you never figure out who did it.

Cheri
  • EDITED

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator haglandc
  • I keep my meds safe, I keep a key in a trailer down by the river in a safe that is to the boat. I drive the boat 3 miles east and park under the big oak tree,

I hike up the hill about 1 mile where i have a car that i drive to the train station to 4 towns over and i change trains that takes me back to the house.

Then i run in and grab a pill out of the medicine cabinet!

This is done before my 1 st dose of meds,

Now i have to take the train back to the car, car back to the mountain, hike back down the hill to the boat, take boat back to the trailer, hide the key to the boat and lay down,

By then its time for another dose of meds,

No wonder i cant get anything done around the house! But my meds are safe!

Git-ir-done
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Oh oh i think i have a pill missing!

You guys think someone followed me from the train station and found out where i keep my meds? Huh?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
advertisement