Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Permanent Spinal implant users

NancyBNNancyB Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Can anyone tell me how the permanent spinal cord implant is working? I have already done the 3-day test and I am considering the permanent implant

• With the SCS I got back 40 to 50% of my life back.
    Iam still on my med. I for one love my SCS.

• I can say that with my SCS I have regained more than I ever could have imagined. Even went back to work after not working for over 2 years. Went from being unable to walk or drive or doing much around the house to having a life that to the unknowing, would seem very normal. I still take anti-seizure meds along with an anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxer, but no opioids required.

I have had my SCS now for about 2.5 years.

• Iv had mine since the 23 of Nov 2010, today is the first day I charged it, its like a drug I need it and it is just so soothing, I evan sleep with it on low, I run mine 24/7. The rep told me if I didnt want to wait till the battery is run down, I can just keep topping it off once a week, instead of taking 4 hours to recharge, both NS and Pm said this would not weaken the battery's. I hope when you get the perm it will give you the life youve been missing. BTW since my IPG is located above my belt line, I can bend and twist, since its right near the leads, instead of in the rear several inches below the actual leads. I have plenty of freedom of movement, steri strips come off monday than I can shower. the staples were pulled off this pst tuesday. Rose "hoping all stems are enjoying their lifes once again!"