Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Long Overdue Thank You

94Pete994Pete Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi All,
I have read this board for over 2 years but never posted. Chronic low back pain became severe with a new injury in 2008. I couldn't sit for more than 30 seconds without Severe Pain. Couple hours of sleep followed by 1 hour intensely painful walk until level 9-10 pain subsided. Then repeat process for 5 months. (Think I scared some people with the "big guy" limping around the quiet neighborhood at 2am, and must have walked 100 miles around Lowes/Home Depot in the winter.)
Surgery to remove herniated parts of discs (12mm L5/S1 right, plus L5/S1 left and L4/L5 right). During the time I received much encouragement from the other stories on this board. I've had several setbacks in the past few years, depression followed with the pain. This board always helped me. I have been relatively pain free for 4 months and thought I should express my LONG OVERDUE THANK YOU.
Maybe I can help someone here and return the favor.
Thanks Again

• i am soooooo glad you are feeling better. i was feeling a bit anxious whe i was reading your post because it sounded like me before my second surgery. it was a sickeningly horrifying time for me as well.

i'm hoping to see you around the boards, it is a great site with some awesome folk
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. I'm sure I don't have to tell you about all the wonderful information on this site and how great the members of the forum are. It's nice that you stopped peeking over the fence and finally came into the yard. :-)

I'm happy to hear about your success story. My problem was opposite - I couldn't stand for more than five minutes, which made cooking pretty difficult. Thus we put a stood in the kitchen so I could cut vegetables.

After my TLIF, I can stand much longer, but have days that I still stand too long and reap what I sow the next day (like today).

Anyway, it's good to have you here. It's always nice to have members that want to help others who have had good surgery results.

Again, welcome to Spine-Health. Nice to have you here.

• Hey Pete...so glad you finally posted your story and I'm pleased that the support here provided encouragement. In return, your post is really uplifting because it seems you are starting to get your life back!
  • Appreciate the comments and enjoyed the chat with a few of you. Looking forward to talking others. Take care and may your pain pass quickly.
  • hi and welcome to the forum!! :H it is so nice that you finally stopped by!! we are so glad to know you! i do hope you have a very successful recovery! stop by SH with any questions or just to chat.. it can make a long day or night go by much faster!i am so glad we were of help to you during your difficult times!! good luck to you! Jenny :)
  • Your story helped me this morning.
    I got to chuckle (always a good thing) thinking about my multiple daily walks around my quiet little community, and yours through your neighborhood and through Lowe's. Some days, I am not certain walk is exactly the correct term for what I do, which is hobble from one bench to the next.
    It is great to hear that you have had good results with your surgery at 2 years out, if I am reading correctly.
    I hope to see you around the boards...
  • Good to meet you all,
    I look forward to seeing you as well.
    Glad I gave you a chuckle JackieOh :)
    See you at the local Lowes or your favorite "cold weather walking facility". (Free Coffee and Piles of lumber to sit on.)

May your pain just go away