Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can't sleep :(

LisaRachelLLisaRachel Posts: 286
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I'm having nightmares for the past 2 days. But the weired thing is tonight I woke up with such bad pain! I was wondering if I blew a disk. I'm just lying on my heating pad. I guess it's nerves...

Hope all my friends are well,

• Sorry you can't sleep, I too lay in pain most nights.

I'm sure you have a lot on your mind with your surgery quickly approaching and lots of questions for your surgeon.

Why do you think you blew a disk? Did you hurt yourself somehow or did you just wake up with a new pain?

Hang in there!

• I'm so sorry that you are having this new pain and nightmares. How are you feeling this morning? It must be hard when you get this close to surgery...and exciting.Hang in there, you are in our thoughts.
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Hi, it could be numerous things.
    The pain levels are to high, anixity, a form of a panic attack, the pain med's, or all of the above.
    Everyone here has gone thru some form of that, so if it is really effecting you, or you are worried about it, call your doctor and get a sleep aid.
    If the doctor wont give you any there are safe over the counter sleep aids, that will possibly help you.
    Ask at the pharmacy what they would recommend.

Best of luck to you and try to relax. Pretty soon you will be on the path toward healing. >:D<

• Sorry that your pain is keeping you awake.
    The pain must just confirm that you do need this surgery.

Not long now until you will be over on this side of surgery, and then you know that you are on the road to recovery and hopefully an improved life.

This stage of waiting for your surgery is very stressful and I hope that you will be able to get some better sleep tonight. >:D<
  • Thanks everyone! I finally fell back asleep a few hours later and I woke up and my pain was much better. I recently got a memory foam topper for my bed and wondering if thats been giving me the worse pain? I find it very comfortable so, I might just have to get used to it.

Thanks for your well wishes with my surgery. I am nervous and excited for my furture. You guys here on SH are so kind and sweet...

love to all,

• Lisa,

As you get closer to surgery, your anxiety levels go up, your "should I/shouldn't I" *or* "am I making the right decision" devils start coming up. That brings your mood down, and too goes your pain up! I know it's hard, but try and find something to take your mind to *good* thoughts. Hopefully you will fell better.

Memory foam toppers... I got them before I bought my Tempur-Pedic, and I think there were a couple of days to adjust, and all worked out well. Try not to think of the good, bad and the ugly of surgery - try to keep positive thoughts woman!! :) *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.