Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Government Disability...Accepted!!!

charryccharry Posts: 5,657
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I just sent in my application two months ago with about 30 pages of Dr consult notes and test results for government Disability and they called me yesterday and wanted to know what I did all day and that they were going to ask for more information from my Dr.

She called me back and said Sorry everything we need is here and you've been accepted and going back to the max allowed 15 months.
I give thanks and was just praying that it would go through.

DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN

• Congrats Charry, so happy for you! I'm sure that is a big stress release for you. I am a little confused, you have to be re-approved every 15 months? Again, congrats!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Congrats Charry! One less thing to worry about. I know you have been suffering for a LOOOONG time. From the little I know about SS 2 months turn around is pretty fast, did you utilize an attorney? Just curious, I'm still on a STD from work, and praying to GOD, I FIX, (I may be facing another surgery) I'm hoping I won't need LTD or SS, its nice to hear that it is possible to achieve this. Good for you honey what a nice early Christmas gift!

• Congratulations!!!

What a relief, eh?

So happy for you. =D>

• for you Charry! Congratulations! I'm sure it would be such a relief to get that news, One less thing to worry over.I have been told by some people at work that this is probably the way that I should go.
    All the best!
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • It's such a relief eh? Very happy for you. Your hard work in putting it all together has paid off.

Best to you,

• Wonderful news, Charry! So glad to hear this. What a super thing to find out just before Thanksgiving. :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • You truly had a thankful thanksgiving!

• Its always such a pleasure to hear a fellow spiney's good news! Good for you,

• :))) I know that later on down the road the mixed emotions will come, because getting accepted for disability is both a blessing and with it comes the reality of what is gone.. But for now the relief and lack of worry and stress from medical bills and the many other things that go along with what causes our pain can bring you some happiness now. You have reached out to help so many people over the years, and I don't know of anyone more deserving than you. Everything good comes back around when you pass it on as you have.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    CONGRATULATIONS............I know this must bring a ton of relief.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Charry, I'm so happy that you've got one less thing to worry about! I hope the process there is quick and that you'll receive your benefits without too much delay!
  • Although I am not 100% sure what this means to you. Is that a full benefit, like a pension you can live on as you are no longer able to earn your own living ? Or is at a monthly sum to help with expenses occurring due to disability?
    I am waiting for the powers to be to decide on my application on Early Retirement pension due to disabilty is to be accepted, all the different departments (5 in all!) have finished their documentation and have written the recommendation to the state that early retirement is the best option , so I am waiting patiently for their answer to the application.
    Apparently its quite a lengthy process, like any government paper shuffling exercize,whatever country one lives in. Sounds like 2 months is very quick, I share your relief, although I am a little sad to be pensioned off in my early 40s, not having to speculate about the financial side of my life is a god-send and I am looking forward to other benefits this will open up for me here in Denmark, a parking permit, cheaper rates at the swimming pool, and never having to see a case worker at the sick pay office again !!
    Congratulations again on your good news .

• I understand your feelings. I too had to go out *just* before my regular retirement via the disability retirement route. It is a very good feeling when it is approved however. :)

Fingers crossed that you have good news soon!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Congratulations Charry.

Viking, i take it you live in Denmark.
    I was there before, for a short stay. Loved it there. Very easy going way of life. From what i seen.
  • What a wonderful relief for you!!!

=D> =D> =D>