Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New / Sorting Out Symptoms - Cervical Spine and Neurological

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello, everyone!

I've been having some issues that were initially labeled neurological and I recently ended up in the hospital after the symptoms became scary. A CT on my neck identified some previously unknown issues. I've got an upcoming neurology appointment, but I'm really wondering which of these symptoms might actually be explained by the neck problems.

CT Results:

c5-6 mild endplate schleroris, anterior and posterior spurring, Left lateral disk herniation. There is encrouachment on the anterior thecal sac

c6-7 mild enplate sclerosis and decreased disk height. Mild degeneration of the uncovertebral disk.

Puncuate tonsillar calcification

The symptoms:

•constant headaches
•Left-sided weakness (mainly just the three smallest fingers)and the left leg gets tired quickly and buckles on me
*memory issues
*neck completely or partially locking
•blurred vision
•dizziness followed quickly by passing out several times a week
•lack of coordination (I totally failed the finger to the nose test)
•face going numb (mostly left side), once resulting in temporary inability for people to understand my speech
•temporary loss of ability to move my left foot

Thanks so much!

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Everyone is different and I can only tell you of my experience with cervical issues. I had a 4 level fusion done on my cervical spine. The symptoms that led me to surgery were vision issues, dizziness, clumsiness, headaches, shoulder and neck pain. My legs would seem to go out from under neath me quite a bit right before my surgery. Upon waking from my surgery I still had pain but not the same pain as before surgery. My surgery was in March and I have had no eye or vision problems since. My balance is back to normal and the pain is now controlled with medication. The issue that led to all my problems was severe cervical stenosis.
  • Thank you so much, Susan.

I'm glad you found a way to better manage your symptoms. I cringed when I read how many surgeries you have endured.

I appreciate you sharing your symptoms. I'm guessing I'm early stage because there was no "severe" in my CT report. I've almost felt like I must be losing my mind with all of these weird symptoms. Hearing that the dizzy, vision and clumsy problems can be associated with neck issues is a relief. Now hopefully my docs can put together a solution!

Thanks again,