Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

No close family support

sophspinessophspine Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hello,
I had synovial cyst removal and L4-L5 spinal arthrodesis in France 11 days ago. Stitches out today.
No moral support from husband, he just talks about his slught bronchitis and leaves a lot of mess around provoking depression in me and panic like "How am I going to get stronger if I have to do everything for myself?.
Anybody out there going through similar difficult moments?
Grown children are very supportive but live far away.
Nice to be part of a "spine community ".
Sophie
advertisement

Comments

• Hiya sophie >:D< Welcome to Spine Health >:D< I am sorry to read about your situation :? There are many here who have been in the same situation as yourself including myself. ~X( Its hard, i know from my own experience. But now you have found this site, you will have emotional support. I do think it helps when you can chat to people who have the same medical issues as yourself :? . Its difficult for our loved ones to understand what we go through, because they cant see our pain. So you are certainly in the right place here. :D PM me anytime you want a chat. >:D<

Angie :H
  • Thank you Jenny for your helpful and insightful answer.
    I'm already reaping many benefits from this forum.
    Best regards.
    Sophie 8>
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.. i am glad to hear that your recovery seems to be going well. i am sorry to read that your husband is of no help to you during this difficult time.. this may give you pause and something to think about, is this a mate you can count on??? just remember, that the housework is not as important as your recovery.. let it go if you must!! ask a friend in to help or hire a cleaning lady if he refuses to help for now,check up on volunteers at your neighborhood church.. i wish you the best of luck and know that those of us here on SH are here for you!! it is difficult for many people to relate to pain and therefore they just withdraw and leave us alone.. it is a very painful way to be treated!! your husband may feel helpless and be hiding behind his excuses. please remember you can drop in anytime, someone is always home!!! take care! Jenny :)