Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

in good company

okcangelookcangel Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in New Member Introductions
hi ya'all. (and yes, spellcheck, that IS the proper spelling in oklahoma! lol) i've been going thru much of what a lot of you have for years now... already had deg disk disease but strangely enough, after a drunken ex hurled me over his back & bounced me down my hallway on my head, bone fragments in my subarachnoid space around my brain, cervical bilateral neural foraminal stenoses at 3 levels and broad based disk protrusions with extrusion were found in mri's. i had had my 1st temp (thank goodness - TEMP) paralysis, neck down, about a month after the 'incident.' i also have a hemangioma at T2 which i guess isn't unusual, but i can guess where that came from. these are in addition to lumbar spondylolisthesis secondary to spondylolysis which i think ? is a break or fracture that may or not have happened at the same time with bilateral S1 nerve root contact. i already posted half of my recent life story, so didn't go into quite this much additional detail, but did talk about the nightmare trying to deal with oxycodone/percocet/oxycontin over the past 4 yrs. i've been off all pain med except neurontin now for over a week & have an appt with the ortho. surgeon who wanted to operate last february thursday, in 3 days. now i'm just hoping he'll do the surgery without having to do all the horrible tests i keep reading about that sound worse than the actual surgery! i truly can't cope with the pain, trying to handle anything small (buttons, money) and tingling & numbness on & off, and never knowing when the next fall will come. i want this done yesterday... and i want to be all healed up & running marathons.... even though i never ran one before, =)) . as for me, my nearest & dearest are 4 legged furballs who bring me presents of crickets and the occasional pony tail band to toss & play fetch with... 2 tomcats who love me no matter what and couldn't throw me around if they wanted to. i have to be honest: i've had very little life to speak of since i started those pills 4 yrs ago. they have taken over my life - and I'M TAKING IT BACK! i welcome friends with similar interests or those who'd like to chat since i'm actually talking to people again. it feels so good... glad to be here, ya'all!
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to Spine-Health.

Wow, you've really been through the ringer and I'm very sorry to hear about what's happened. What happened that made you refuse surgery in February and now want it? I understand that the pain and strange balance, arm, hand stuff is very difficult as I had that myself, but wonder why you didn't have surgery before.

Whatever the reason, I'm hoping that your appointment goes well on Thursday and look forward to hearing how it goes and what the doc says.

I'm a doggy person myself, and I think that many members here have been saved by their 4-footed friends. They're often the ones that make us get up, get out and get moving. If I didn't take my little Wally out for a walk each morning, I think he'd eat the carpet as retrobution.

Again, welcome to Spine-Health and I'm hoping to hear good new along your spiney journey in the future.

Cathie
  • Sorry to hear your story. Keep us posted..you will get tons of support here.

Angela
  • It is great that you have joined Spine-health.
    I have found this site and the forums to be an essential part of navigating through spine issues. You can click on my screen name above my photo if you would like to read my medical history.
    I hope to see you around the forums Angel
    Jackie
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck with your appointment today.. i hope you get results you can work with.. take care of yourself! stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • I just recently woke up from my deep depression/huge pity party, and I am taking my life back also!!
    Good to meet another trooper!!!
    I am new here also.
    I don't have much advice to offer, I am still getting acquainted with this wonderful site. There is so much info here! I am always around if you need to vent!
advertisement