Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

finally mri is done.

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Ok i've waited a long time to get my mri done on my spine.Since the end of June. Two weeks ago i finally had it and my neurologists office called me today and told me that she wanted me to know that there wasn't a significant change since last year.The secretary told me that she's taken a leave of absence and she will call me and book my follow up apt. when she comes back. Well thank you very much. I can't believe this crap. She had booked the mri because i had leg numbness, nerve damage in one leg,bladder spasms,rib and stomach pain and thats what i get told when they get the mri back. Unfreaken believable.I have no idea how long i'm going to have to wait now. I have a naturopath waiting for find out what she's going to do and osteopath who wants to know and and a physical therapist who said let me know as soon as you find out anything and she's not even in the office now.Fantastic.Thats my life,thats how everything medical seems to go for me. 8} :W

• Tammy get that report and the films. Maybe one of the other doctors can see something. I do think it is highly unprofessional for your doctor to leave you hanging. Is there another doctor you could see at her office?
  • No she's the only doctor in her practice. I don't know why she has taken a leave of absence but you'd think that she was refer her patience to another doctor. I'm not sure if i can get the mri films. I'm pretty sure that my family doctor will get a report from the mri but i really don't want to see her.I've pretty much cut her out of my problems since the car accident when she told me that she wasn't going to do anything else for me.Thats when i started seeing my naturopath.I see her this friday and i'm going to ask her if she can call the hospital and get the report.
  • Oh Tammy....I am so sorry that your Dr has done this to you!!

I would do the same thing...maybe your naturopath will be able to help!!

I will say a prayer and keep my fingers crossed!!

Let us know what he/she says!!
  • I called my family doctor on friday and explained that my neuro. went on a leave and i wanted to come in and go over my mri results with my family doctor and her secretary told me that she was going away for the holidays so i couldn't see her until the 12th of January.I told her to book me in because i have no idea when my neurologist will be coming back.
  • I had a cervical MRI done in October (it was ordered in August!), and my appointment to get the results is on 15th March!!

It has taken me a while to accept the long wait, but now I am trying to be reassured that if there was anything really serious on the scan, they would call me in sooner. I am trying to just get on with my life as best as I can in the meanwhile. Preparing for Christmas means I have plenty of other things to focus on.

I hope that you are also able to focus on Christmas preparations. I'm sure the time will go quicker for us both if we can concentrate on other things.

Take good care :-)

>:D< >:D< >:D<