Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tarlov Cysts

Trying to educate myself here. Some pretty scary stories!
Guess I'm feeling blessed!

As I said in my intro,I have numerous spinal conditions,none surgically intervened.

Been reading as much as I can,still trying to learn the navigation of the site.

I have a new mri,and with it new stuff! 8}
The problem for me is being mirred in medical jargon,some of which I was able to figure out in here.

What is most puzzling is the fact that most mri's seem to leave out the sacral spine! I guess it needs to be included in the order.

I was found to now have multiple Tarlov Cysts,at many different levels.
Along with 4-5 bulging discs,and some new spurring.
OK,still trying to determine the cause of sporodic,sudden,simultaneous weakness,tingling,electrical current feelings down both sciatic nerves to my feet.
Neuro thought I was having seizures,so went that testing route to no avail. Anyone with something similar?

Thanks in advance. Great reading here!

advertisement

Comments

• Knowledge IS power! My research has lead me to an actual Tarlov Cyst Association!

To anyone else out there suffering from these nasty cysts,the site is: tarlovcyst.org

Also : rarediseases.info.nih.gov/GARD

ninds.nih.gov

URL's Removed
    EDITED

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Administrator Dave
  • Saw my neurologist this week. He was very open to the idea that my *weird butt/leg thing* ma be due to the cysts. I have 2 weeks to decide about seeing a neurosurgeon. Just glad that my *gut instinct* about this Dr was spot on. I do want to try and stay as non-invasive as possible. Hope everyone is doin ok today.
  • First I must say sorry about the url delete thing. I'm still new,didn't mean to overstep the boundries. :jawdrop: Anyway,today I must decide about seeing a NS! I suppose I will at least make the appt and see what they have to say. Scared as HE double toothpicks! I was told long ago by my orhto that there is just too much goin on in there for the introduction of anything invasive.Anyway, I hope everyone has a less painfull morning! O:)
  • InAPickle,
    Knowledge is great but better is a Friendly Doctor who is prepared to learn and listen and I wish you luck, I think I might have just begun on the road to being dx with symptomatic TC's, I'm off for another MRI concentrated on the numerous bilateral, anterior and posterior Tarlov Cysts first reported as "ruptures" in 1982 and reported on MRI in 2009.

Since a MVA in 2001 my mobility and ability has not so slowly declined leaving, me in a w'chair today. in constant pain unable to concentrated on anything for more than a few minutes. Travel is very hard but a passion of mine.
    Look forward to hearing how you have gotten on
    Cheers
    Adrienne
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.