Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF, 3-level C4/5, 5/6 6/7 Surgery in 2 days

hinoblehhinoble Posts: 33
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Does anybody have any history on this? The crazy thing is that I have no pain in my neck. Instead I have numbness and burning sensation in my right leg and limited motion in my left leg. Weird huh? MRI of my Lumbar area is fine.

Any assistance is greatly apprecited.

• I'm not a doctor,so I can't say. You should really have every bit of info you could get by this time. How are you able to be going in for such a procedure without knowing the what's, why's and how's? Not being rude at all......did your surgeon not explain why he feels you need neck surgery to correct leg pains?

Having said that....... I had a lower back fusion in 2007. L4/5. I was having severe leg and feet issues directly related to that injury.

Surgery really helped but mostly in a sense of arresting further damage. I did get some improvement but I was put on Neurontin to help the nerve pains in my feet.

Well this year I hurt my neck and I slowly noticed that not only were my hands, fingers and arms having nerve issues, radiculopathy......but my feet were getting worse.

Surgeon told me this is known as double crush syndrome. An injury above or below a previous one will aggravate it.

After neck surgery almost 4 weeks ago, I immediately noticed my feet issues had calmed down almost to the point of being gone.

Unfortunately, something happened about 2 days before Thanksgiving. I must have moved weird but I woke up and my neck hurt like crazy. A day or so later I was feeling the radiculopathy again, in my feet as well. Turns out somehow I cracked one of the vertebra and one of the cages was pushed up into the bone a bit. I had a CT Scan yesterday. Well he says we'll be fine, no need to stress about another surgery yet.

My point is that in my case, neck issues led to feet issues.

Good luck....hope it goes well. You'll be fine.

• Hey L-Dogg

Thanks for your info. Trust me, I have all of the information I need relating to the type of surgery and what is expected. I am fortunate to have a very well respected doc doing my surgery. I just wanted to inquire of other people experiences and what their outcome were.

Thanks for your thoughtsa and info.
  • Hinoble,

This link might be of help. If your bulges are hitting the main cord vs the exit root nerves, they might be looking at Myelopathy on you. Has your doctor mentioned that condition by chance? Not a doctor, just giving an option as to *why* you have issues in the legs from as it appears, your neck issues. Hope it helps. Support *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.