Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lidoderm patch question....

PollyRPPollyR Posts: 411
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Pain Medications
I have some of these patch's and I am wanting to use them on my neck and upper back....

My question is this...

I have long hair and I am curious as to how you position these patchs to where it will not get all stuck in my hair. They dont seem to stick very well to start with, kind of roll in from the corners.

Also do you guys think it would be ok to use on my neck and upper back at the same time?

I dont have a Drs apt till monday and I am hurtin bad today!

Thank you in advance!!

• hi polly- you should call your pharmacist to make sure. i think my doc told me i could use them in 3 places at the same time. but i cut the patch in 3 or 4 pieces. they worked grate for the outside pain (mussel pain) for about 10 days then i developed a rash allover and my skin pealed off . doc say SJS doing testing now to find out if it was the glue or the lidocane. i wish i could use them again.
    i had no prob with them sticking they dont stick that well . i think that you should talk to your pharmacist and ask them and tell them wear you are wanting to put them
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    With my doctor's approval:

- Use 3 patches at time every 12 hours. Some documentation says 12 hours on, 12 hours off, my doctor told me I could continue to use them 24 hours a day.

- They don't stick very well. I have found if you cut them in half, they stick better without their edges curling up. Many times I use adhesive tape over them to keep them in place

- I have used them (at the same time) on my cervical, thoracic and lumbar areas.

- Not sure about how they would interfere with your long hair. Once they are in place your hair should just flow over them.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • There is not a great solution to that problem. When I place them on, I hold pressure on the patch for a minute, which seems to help somewhat.

I think they stick better if underneath some secure clothing, underwear...

It is really just a matter of doing the best you can do with them. They do seem to help though.

I may write the company about this as it seems to be an ongoing problem. I have an estrogen patch that never curls, however it is 1/10 the size, as I'm sure that makes a difference.

• John, Ron and Lisa...thank you all so much for the feed back!!

They do help a little with what I have going on...which I really dont know what that is yet...Dr apt on Monday from a MVA.

I had these for my Lumbar area and thought that maybe they would help.

Again thank you so much!!
  • good luck with your dr apt. i really liked the patch it took a lot of the edge off. if i had the pain in my neck that i have in L5 area i think i would have to live in the er. :OO