Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I have a sleeping problem and don't know what to do?

onjananaoonjanana Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in Sleep Problems
I have had this problem for about 3 years. I don't want to take sleeping pills cause I don't want to become dependent on them. I will go to bed on average 5 in the morning. Sometimes the sun will be up and I am still awake. Does any one know any home remedies?
advertisement

Comments

• I have trouble sleeping. I'm not awake till 5a.m though..sorry to hear that.

Have you tried benedryl? 2 25mg tablets help me on top of melatonin. I'm curious...How old are you and are you male or female? I'd definitely go see your Primary Care Dr.

I know that menapause can effect sleeping patterns as can smoking and drinking. Diet as well. I'm sorry your going thru this...having sleepless nights makes for poor functioning...for me atleast.
  • hi! :H i have to agree with you about sleeping pills. i find i just grow immune to them in no time.. i have tried to sleep at night for many years and now i depend on naps for my rest. at night i get cosy in my bed with my pillows and turn on the radio and often the music will let me just doze away for awhile. i find music works so much better for me than pills.. also there is magnesium which can help you sleep and is a natural supplement... i often get a few hours of sleep from it.. i also nap in the daytime when possible.. it is sometimes better sleep than night sleep!! good luck to you and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.. stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • You can try some of these natural remedies:

Chamomile - Make it a routine to have a nice cup of chamomile tea before you retire for the night.

Lavender – Place a little lavender on your pillow and it may be just the thing to lull you off to LaLaland.

Valerian Root – Valerian root contains the natural ingredient found in most sleeping pills, but without the nasty side effects.

Hops – Another candidate for your sleepy tea. Add hops to boiling water and drink a cup before bed.

Good luck on your search of ZZZ promised land.
  • Honestly, ever since I could remember I would love sleeping during the day, especially with the sun in the room so I understand completely lulusheatt. And I refuse to take sleeping pills because your right the day I will really need it I will be immune to it. Amongst the fact that unfortunately I am on narcotics.

After my second spinal fusion in early December of 2010, I have extra difficulty sleeping. It is currently 4:29am and I am still awake. The only good thing about tonight is that I actually went to sleep at 11:30pm but unfortunately woke up in pain at 2:30am- can't go back to sleep since.

Music usually helps or reading. I feel I do my best reading during these hours lol. But if I really need to try and sleep I would drink a warm cup of milk and lay flat on my stomach with my pillow above my head. Try different techniques but mostly have the mentality that you are going to sleep tonight or else any technique will be useless.

advertisement