Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Prodisc pops and clicks causing severe pain

chevegancchevegan Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I've searched the web all over. I had the prodisc done 2.5 years ago. I've suffered from popping and clicking which started a couple months after the procedure. I ignored it telling my doctors. They said it's no big deal "it's normal". How is pain normal?

If I move a tad in my sleep the click and pain wake me up immediately. I haven't had a full nights sleep in years.

Please is there anyone who has heard of or experienced this with the prodisc. There are so many failures and law suites now against them. Bad bad things happening. I don't know what to do. Please, the pain is so bad.

A little background. In 06' I had a L5-S1 fusion. In 08' I had the prodisc implant done at L4-L5.
advertisement

Comments

• I dont know what to tell you, but wanted to offer my support and tell you maybe to call your Dr and let them know, just so they can keep up with it, or offer some suggestions.. Good Luck and I will be thinking of you.
  • The ProDisc style ADR is now obsolete. Great advancements have been made in the past 24 months.
    The M6 style ADR is now the leading technology.

I'm going to pm you the names of a couple ADR specific forums you may try joining.
    -----------------------------
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • Thank you for the replies and I'm checking those links out right now. Thanks again
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,615
    are all over the Depuy hip implant failures ... I'm sure its just a matter of time before they start in on the failed ADR's ... Fusion is still considered the "gold standard" and is much more difficult to bring a suit against due to failure of device or technique of the surgeon or hardware used. Old saying in I.T. that applies to new surgical and medical techniques.

The cutting edge is often the bleeding edge.

I hope things work out well for you,

Regards,

Dave
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)
    My Story  - Click below
    http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/44804/pain/neck-pain-cervical/long-and-winding-road
    I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV.  Therefore any comments made are based on my experience.
  • I had the flexicore at l4-5 and noticed some clicking the first few years but not really pain just spasms. It got better over time but new nerve symptoms. Hope it gets better for you too . Feel free to pm me if you need to talk
advertisement