Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

blazerblazer Posts: 785
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Got a phone call from Social Security, telling me i am getting a fully favorable decision, and they are using the date of my injury 09/16/09, as the date my benefits start, along with 1 dependent child. Thats one load off my mind.
I applied 8/19/10, so thats fairly quick.

• Great news! One less major thing to be concerned about when you're having pain. Congrats. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thank you. Gotta admit it does feel good knowing this part is over, and a major step toward ending this whole, what sometimes is a nightmare.
  • Jim,

Just over 3 months, not bad, not bad at all! Not a bad Christmas or Hanukkah present huh? Congrats on your award Jim!!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Thank you!
    Thats one less thing i'll have on my mind for Christmas.
    They also talked to my daughter on the phone to confirm i was considered her legal guardian, so i'm glad she was home when they called.
    She was in front yard throwing snow balls at the dogs. lol
  • Jim,

I hear that! That being about your daughter being home when they called. Now it's time to treat yourself and your daughter to this victory! Din-din out, a beauty or spa treatment for your daughter, a massage for you? Just my happy thoughts there! Again my friend, CONGRATS!!! *HUGZ* :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Oh Jim that is some wonderful news!!! I am blown away by how fast it happened, you always hear people saying that they have tried for years!!

Well great things come to great people!!

Congrats again!!!!!
  • I remember when I was awarded - bittersweet, but very much a relief. I hadn't applied until about a year and a half after my injury (I was in denial!) - and was awarded about 6 months after that - so I got an 18 month payback. Social Security didn't send the letter of award until a week or two AFTER they'd deposited THE BIG CHECK into my account. I suddenly had a LOT more money in my account and HAD NO IDEA WHERE IT CAME FROM! (ha-ha) I didn't touch my account, or say anything to the bank - I was just laying low! Thought it was one of those computer errors! Well, of course, I found out where it came from before too long, and then I also had to payback a lot to my Long Term Disability. Anyway - I'm sure the nice payback you get will also help for the holidays. All the best.
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    Did you have a hearing or was this all via paperwork and interview? Did you have an attny??

Congrads Again!

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• Brenda; Yup my daughter knows she can always count on daddy, she's my baby.

Polly; I admit i was worried about this getting dragged out, with this being a work comp. and comp. does love to play games with people.

Coyote; Bittersweet is exactly correct, in your mind your still in denial that your life style has changed. LOL on the money, and being scared to say anything, i would do the same thing, and keep finger's crossed it's not a mistake.

Metalneck; Did it all paperwork.I got a lawyer before i filled out the paperwork, but did'nt need them.I filled out the app. online, and when i got 2 envelopes from SS about work and home life i filled those out and mailed to lawyer and they just proof-read them before forwarding them to SS. Other then that the lawyers were not involved at all. I did'nt have any appeals or hearing's, went thru the 1st time.

How many years young are you and was this related to Workmans comp??

Spine-health Moderator

You answered question 1 in your previous ...
    Please ignore my second ??

Seems like when W/C is involved things go faster.

Spine-health Moderator

• I was actually 53 y/o when i got hurt, and i just turned 55 y/o/ 2 months ago.
    Yup, work comp. so this is actually a career ending injury.
  • So happy for your good news!!
  • Thank you.

I also hope the best for everyone else who applied and are still waiting for a decision.