Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

mel v.mmel v. Posts: 59
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi Everyone, I am 7 months post-op and feeling fantastic. Really blessed and lucky. My back is 95% better since my surgery in May. Things I haven't done for many years that I have done this last month were rake leaves, stand on my feet for hours and prepare and serve Thanksgiving, stand on a long line for hours waiting to get into the White House this past weekend, doing the tour & walking back to the hotel 3 blocks, with NO PAIN.

I try not to over-due, my back still give me a clear warning sign to cut back, or sit down, or just stop and rest. I pay attention. My wish for the new year is that all my spiney friends find more or complete relief from their pain. Happy holidays and Happy New Year. mel v.

• congrats on your progress! :)
  • oh it must feel soooo good to do those things, standing in line for hours, raking leaves....

im so pleased for you, hope i can do the same one day
    thanks for sharing your good outcome
  • Thanks for that great update! I'm so happy for you that you're doing so well after your surgery. Happy Holidays to you and yours. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN

• <:P <:P <:P
    What fantastic news!

I am so pleased to hear how well you are doing.
    You are a great success story and posting here will really encourage others who are either deciding whether to have surgery, or those who are still very early in their recovery and wondering if they will ever feel better.

I am also glad to hear that you are still listening to your back, and stopping when it tells you that it has had enough. Very sensible!

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas.
    >:D< >:D< >:D<

Keep up the good work. :-)
  • Always nice to hear that someone had a positive outcome with surgery. That is great! Be careful and don't over do it for sure!
    Happy Holidays - Marion
  • Nice to hear from you. Seems like ages since you last posted. Hope everything keeps getting better. Happy holidays to you too!

HUGS, MEL V. :D
  • It is so wonderful to see a success story, and I am so proud for you!

Keep up the good work and happy holidays!

• Mel, That is so terrific, I'm so happy for you! Thank you so much for sharing your great news, it's nice to hear from someone whose outcome is a successful one! I wish you and yours a happy holiday, and all the best to continue in the New Year!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Hi Spiney Friends, It's been since December 2010 since I last checked in. Things are going well. I'm about one month short of my one year post-op date and I would say I'm at around 95% most of the time. Currently having a muscle spasam that has lasted about 3 weeks, same one I had at 5 months post-op, so at lease it's the same and I know what it is thank goodness. It's nagging, but nothing like the pain before the surgery. My surgeon has encouraged me to try new exercises to strength my back. Last week it was Yoga, once a week a fast power walk for one hour, I go to the gym to do cardio and light weight lifting 3 times a week and was actually thinking of trying ZUMBA. But that may be a little advanced for me. I pray each day for continued recovery and good back health. At 48 years old, you wake up with some aches and pains, but hopefully not in the back region so much. For the first time in a very long time, I took the bus into NYC and waked probably 20 blocks to a museum and then stood for another one hour looking at the exhibit and then went to lunch, took many, many stairs to the subway and the bus home. My back was good, but very tired. I iced it and went to bed early, and woke up with no ill side effects. It so nice to do some things you haven't done in a long time and realize how much you missed it. I wish everyone good health, less pain and a great spring. Warmest Regards to all my friends and thank you for your support. Best, MEL V.
This discussion has been closed.