Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need Help understanding xray report

jovondaadamsjjovondaadams Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well it's been a yesr since my cervical fusion c5-6. It seemed to work for a whole 3 weeks...then all the original pain came rushing back and has stayed.. I've had numurous injection and surgeon released me mmi to another doc which just sent me for another xray before he releases me to a long term pain management doc.. tomorrow is my fce.. So i know i need to wait and talk to doc. and noone here can realy say with out seeing the xrays but just some friendly advice what do u get out of the x ray report? here goes

Finding: Pervious anterior cervical fusion c5-6 with intervertebral disc material. No Acute fracture or dislocation. Straightening of the cervical spine which may represent muscle spasm.

Conclusion: 1 Prior anterior cervical fusion c5-6
2 No acute fracture or dislocation
3 Possible muscle spasm

• I know if it were my x-ray I would be fairly pleased. When I lost my curve it was due to bad body mechanics so PT wouldn't be able to fix it. They are suggesting your having spasms, so maybe PT will make the rest of your pain diminish? Please let us know how it goes.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    but of course we have learned that what we actually view via CAT MRI DEXA EMG X-ray have at time litle to any barring on what we are actually feeling.

Make yout list. check it twice. make sure they treat you nice not naughty!

Keep us posted!

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• a simply stated , short report.

you no we are not allowed to interpret, all i can say is its basic and easy to read

where you expecting it to say more ?

sorry you are still having pain