Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My cataract surgeries are back on for Dec.9 and 16

sue in ohiossue in ohio Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Fibromyalgia
After several meltdowns and anxiety attacks, my cataract surgery is back on. I talked to the nurse yesterday and told her I had taken the xibrom back because it was $78 and I new there were ones on my formulary list that would be much cheaper like volatren. She explained that it is not as good as the xibrom and offered me free samples of it. She said she would give me practice drops since putting drops in my eyes is what was freaking me out and it was okay if some ran down my cheek. She told me the surgery was up to me which made me feel like I was actually in control of the decisions concerning my own body so I said I would do it. If I have too much trouble putting the drops in then Dan will do it. I missed with the first try this morning, but got it in the second try.

I also went and apologized to the people at the Giant Eagle pharmacy and at the eye doctors where I had my anxiety attacks and they were very understanding. I just felt that I had no control over my own body, like the drug companies and health insurance companies were holding me hostage. The original price on those eye drops were $331! There is no call for meds being that expensive. I have read the obscene profits the drug companies are making and it makes me mad when drugs cost that much. They spend triple the money on advertising and gifts to doctors than they do on research than try to convince the public that the cost of research is what makes the drugs so expensive.

Then there is the problem of my anxiety attacks which get so much worse when my pain levels get high. I am still working with my wonderful Christian psychologist on that one. I am spending more time in prayer and meditation which is helping to calm me down as well. God bless all of you who prayed for me and responded to my rants.

sue in ohio

• I had an anxiety attack at the pharmacist the other day too, you're not alone! I'm not apologizing though, the lady was very rude, and I couldn't stand in line any longer. I had to send my husband back with my prescription.

Just hang in there!
  • Oh Sue I am so glad that you are going to go through with the surgery!! That was very sweet of you to apologize to those people...it probably made them feel really good!!

I am here for you if you need to rant again, we all do it :):)
  • I had my left eye done today. They put lidocaine cream on my hand and let it set for an hour then put the IV in and it was painless. I did change my other eye to do Jan. 4 so I only have to do eyedrops in one eye and I will be done with them before Christmas. I just did not want to have to put eyedrops in on Christmas when I will be having 12 people here for christmas dinner with grandkids running around under foot and me trying to get dinner on the table.

The head of our local pain clinic was there and I found out that he knocks people out to give them the S1 and other spinal shots so if my doctor thinks I need them, I will go to him. All of is patients and everyone he works with just adore him and he is very good.

sue in ohio
  • Oh Sue I am so glad that it went ok for you!!
  • I cancelled the other eye and refuse to leave the house till this week of having to use those stupid drops 4 times a day is done. I am much happier at home than anywhere else.

sue in ohio