Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ump in price of pain meds

terror8396tterror8396 Posts: 1,831
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in Chronic Pain
went to get my compounded oxy at the beginning of the month and i noticed that the price went up 35dollars for 120 of them. i asked the pharmacy and they said they had nothing to do with the jump in price. they said i should talk to my insurance co about this. i have heard of price increase but 35 dollars at once for compounded oxy seems a bit too much. anyone else have problems with increase in pain meds? i just took a decrease in strength of my fenatyl lollipops to make up for the cost and now an increase in my oxy. what gives?
jon
I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
advertisement

Comments

• Did you ask your insurance company? Maybe they moved the compounded medication from formulary to non-formulary, or decided to allow only a certain amount on formulary?

I take 120 mg of Cymbalta, and only get 60 mg at the formulary rate so it costs $50/month instead of $20.

• We will all be seeing increases in everything regarding healthcare shortly. I see all that we are doing here at the gov to ensure that everyone has healthcoverage and it's going to come from everybody's pocket - except for those that won't work of course, even tho they are able - they will continue to get it for free.
    This is most likely just a drop in the bucket of tricks from what I see coming... Tis' a sad state of affairs and it's going to get a whole lot sadder...
    Sometimes I just absolutely HATE my job! BUT, what choice do you have after 31 1/2 years and only 5 1/2 left to go... It is disgusting...
  • Hi Jon,

Like was said, prices "they be going up!" I just got my "2011 BCBS" benefits booklet. Prescription prices on average seem to have gone up between $5 and $15 for non generic meds. Some stuff went down, but procedures, in/out patient, surgeries etc., have all gone up. Sniff... Oh, and my premiums are going up around $48 a month in 2011.

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
This discussion has been closed.