Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain in lower abdomen/pelvic area 4 weeks after 360 fusion

dkbensddkbens Posts: 18
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I am 4 weeks post-op of anterior/posterior lumbar fusion. My back incision feels fine but I'm still having some pain in the front incision area and now in my lower abdomen and pelvic region just to the left of my incision. Anyone else have this problem. Is it normal or should I be concerned. It mainly is bothering me when I'm walking.

• I don't know what a 360 fushion is, but. I had the Xlif proceedure on 12/14/10 and because the surgeon goes to the side, he explained to me, the side and leg will be more painfull for some time. To me it feels like a hernia, I stll can't lift my right leg to ger dressed. Be patient, it should get better each day. -ms
  • Kristy

I am glad to finally hear someone is experiencing the same pain. I am not happy about your pain.

I too experience pain on my left side since after surgery. My back is great but this continous pain that sometime rotates to the left hip gets me.

I have asked various time but so far have not heard back but from my pain management doctor. He mentioned I would be experiencing different pain because of the surgery itself. I am still wearing my brace which I love but hate. It is so easy to go to the bathroom without it.

I too use a bone stimulator but only for 30 minutes per day.

I was to start work today for 1/2 day and see if I could manage this but we have a lot of ice and Texans are not good at driving especially without a four wheel drive.

I hope you feel better and if you find out the real reason for our pain let me know.

God be with you.
  • Thanks for your post. My pain in my abdomen finally went away after a few more weeks. Didn't ever really find out what it was but the nurse suspected that it was scar tissue. It got pretty bad for a while and then just gradually went away. Hope yours gets better. I also was supposed to go back to work last week but my appt to release me was postponed d/t the weather here in Oklahoma. Now they can't get me in until the 22nd of Feb. Argh! But I suppose it's okay because were going to get another round of snow tonight. Kristy