Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

muscle spasms

rockingrobynrrockingrobyn Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Chronic Pain
Can anyone help me? I have been having rib pain in my side, back that sometimes goes to the front. This pain is bilateral and is constant for hours and goes away sometimes.
All along the sides of my ribs are tender to the touch. It is not shooting or gripping. I have had it since March of this year. The doctor that I saw today feels it is muscle spasms. I thought muscle spasms were like a charlie horse.
My neck, shoulders, back and legs all have problems, which
is another story. I am trying to get them treated with

To treat it he thinks I should try Muscle relaxants or Advil three times a day. Two days on two days off. I don't want to try the muscle relaxants because it wont mix with other medications I take. I also have Chronic Kidney
Disease so I am reluctant to take so much Advil. I will
try this route if it sounds reasonable to the people in this forum. I will also check with my kidney doctor.

• hi!! :H your best bet is to check with your kidney doctor! if you have a condition such as this, it is even more important to be intouch with your doctor.. i would not increase myself on any medications without first checking with him.. good luck to you and stop by anytime. Jenny :)
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. You'll find a lot of valuable information throughout this site in the forms of articles and videos and the members of the forum are always friendly, knowledgeable and supportive. I hope you hang around for a while.

Have you been told where these spasms are coming from? Many time spasms are a symptom of something else going on, carrying the load of something else that isn't working properly. That isn't always the case of course, but I'm just wondering if you've been told the cause of them.

I can feel for you on how painful spasms can be. I'd venture to say that almost all if not all of the members here experience spasms on a regular basis, so we can understand how you feel.

It sounds like you're doing the right thing by working with all of your doctors to make sure what you take for the spasms and your kidney problems will work together and not make anything worse. Very good.

Take care and please keep us posted as things move along.
  • If the problem is just muscle spasms and not something more serious, like a kidney ailment, then there is a very easy, drug-free and reliable treatment that should help greatly.
    Start taking magnesium chloride, also known as magnesium oil. I have found it a true remedy for my chronic muscle problems.
    You can use it transdermally, reportedly the best method , or do as I do and drink it heavily diluted in water.
    I noticed an improvement within 1-2 weeks, and 6 months later I'm still getting better.
    I have not had one of those awful headaches that plagued me for 25 years since taking this treatment.
    You can also have it in a bath or foot-bath, if that suits you.
    There is lots of info about it on line.
    Unfortunately doctors don't seem to consider dietary imbalances in their diagnosis, yet modern diets are well known to be severely deficient in many ways.
    Magnesium deficiency is estimated to affect 60-80% of the US population, for example.
    Best thing I've ever taken!
  • Peter B said:
    Unfortunately doctors don't seem to consider dietary imbalances in their diagnosis
    True, when it comes to nutrition most doctors are totally clueless and I'll bet they still believe that the U.S. Food Pyramid is a roadmap to a healthy diet, it isn't.

• Robin,dont take anything but aspirin till you talk with kidney dr,my has had 2 kidney transplants last one was about 15 yrs ago she can only take tylenol for pain
  • Are any of your spine issues in the thoracic area? I have T1/2 issues and get pain along my collar bone and around my side just under my arm.

I've been told that it is muscle spasms but the relaxants don't work. My PT was able to do some massage that eased other spasms so you might want to try that before meds.

BTW Ozone the food pyramid has been replaced.
This discussion has been closed.