Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

For those of you you who know me or know of me ... FYI

MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Chronic Pain
I will be admitted into the hospital hopefully soon due to uncontrolled and overwhelming neck and lumbar pain. As some of you may recall I was in a minor MVA about a week and a half ago .... this lead to a ruputured lumbar disk. As you may already know I have have 5 cervical surgerires and know have a new area of stenosis posterior and anterior causing a "pitch" to my thecal sac and spinal cord. Over the past several days the combo has simply become to much for me to cope with our gamut of out patient modalites. The pain has simply gotten to be too much, and has lead me to thoughts of alcholoic poisioning or axfixiation via CO2 exhust and meds. Not a good place to be. And here I wait, for my doc to call and ok that he will supervise my care. Fortunately I trust him as I would my own brother as I was the manager of the office he joined when he first came out of residency 25+ years ago.

Keep me in your thoughts?

Spine-health Moderator
Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• You will most definitely be in my thoughts, as well as prayers.

I admire you... for taking a stand on getting your pain under control and requesting supervision during this time.

You are a wise man in doing this and I thank you for giving us a heads-up, so we can surround you with unconditional support.

Best wishes to you, Dave.

• I will be thinking of you and hope they get your pain under control. I will say a prayer for your overall healing. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Dave, as Tammy said, you are very wise and courageous to make the calls to get the help you need. I will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way. Take care;
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Oh Dave...I have been worried about you!! I am also VERY proud of you for taking this road instead of the other road!! That took alot of strength and courage!!!

You will be in my prayers for your speedy recovery from this demon called pain!!! Please keep me updated as often as you can...please!!

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    Not such an unusal occurance lately. Thank you for your sharing your emotions and concerns.

With Care and concerns for us all,

Spine-health Moderator

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    TG and all of you!

Spine-health Moderator

• You have been through so much, but you still have something precious called life. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

Good luck!

• That's great, Dave, I'm glad he called back quickly! Take care of yourself, and keep us (or someone) updated to let us know you're okay!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Hopefully, by the time you read this, you are getting some much needed pain relief. I didn't realize you had been in a recent car accident. So sorry you have been suffering so.

Best to you,

• Just want to wish you the very best of luck, and i pray everything works out for you.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm so sorry for your suffering. I'm glad your doctor was so prompt in calling you back and helping you to get the help you need asap.

You're in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this terrible time. I hope that they soon have your pain under control. Please keep us posted as you're able.

• Dave,

You're a dear friend, and I know your pain has been progressing, but lordy, I didn't know it had gotten this bad! Big Gentle *HUGZ*

I will keep you in my thoughts, and send you positive energy and prayers that they can get this under control. You're such good people. So glad you are getting help. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I hope that as I type this, you are settled in at the hospital having all your pain being dealt with. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are doing the right thing, reaching out for help as you have done...bravo to you. Sending you healing vibes your way.
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • as i write now, i hope you are now resting comfortably with your pain reduced, giving you a "break" from the intensity and that you are finding yourself soon in a better place emotionally
    good for you reaching out

you are in my thoughts , sending you positive healing energy

• Dave,

Sorry to just learn about that's been happening for you with the car accident - - had so much focus on my neuro tests....

I am sooooo glad that you knew you had a better option than to suffer on all levels on your own without support and surrounded by those who can help you with all the pain that is converging for you.

You are in my heart-thoughts and prayers, dear friend,
    and I will see you receiving all that you need and these days you will see the burden is lifted from you!

• Oh Dave I am so sorry you are suffering! :hug:

I am so very thankful you reached out for help and had someone there to get you the help you need and deserve.

Please know you will be in my prayers and thoughts.
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Dave, I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I hope that you will get some much-needed relief as soon as possible. Good luck, and let us know how things go.
  • Sending prayers, positive vibes, and all the good karma I can muster for you. I hope they find a way to help you without causing you too much more restriction or pain.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Im glad you are getting the help you need and am praying your pain is now controlled
  • I hope and pray for relief for you, Dave.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Hope this morning finds you much more comfortable. You're still in my thoughts and prayers.

• Whoa, buddy, you've been through soo much, but I'm happy to hear that you're getting the medical help you need as well as the support you need to keep you going from your friends here.

It's obvious that you have a ton of friends and support here on SH and I applaud you for reaching out.

I'm hoping you're resting comfortably, that they have a plan and that you'll be better soon.

Hang in there, Dave. We'll be here along the entire path you're travelling now. I'm thinking of you.

• Has anyone heard from or of Dave this morning?? If anyone has any contact with him can you post here and let us know how he is doing??

We LOVE you Dave!!!
  • I suspect we'll have to patient on this one. Dave's going through a lot and with all the care he's getting now, it may be a while before we get an update.

But like you, I'll be waiting to hear how he's doing and anxious to hear that he's feeling better.

• Dave,

I hope your getting some much needed pain relief and they can find some medicines to make you more comfortable. You have been at this a long time so while the road may not feel like it is getting shorter, just know there are answers out there and it will come. By now hopefully your doctors have come up with a plan to help you and your feeling better.

Post when you can and let us know how your doing.
  • Do you feel the love?! :)

Hoping you find some relief from the awful pain you are having. Will be happy to read a good post from you, when you are feeling up to it.

Take care,

• As Lisa just stated... I hope you can feel the love and support from all of us!

Woke up with you on my mind this morning. I pray that you are resting comfortably and are surrounded with a lot of sweet and caring nurses. :)

May the sun shine through your window today and I hope you are feeing much better this morning.

Our thoughts, positive vibes and prayers are ongoing for you!

• My thoughts and prayers are with you. May the docs be successful in controlling your pain and getting you back on the path. We are all of us here for you. Please draw as much strength as you possibly can from all of us.

• I know Cathie....I am just worried and scared for him!! I wish someone was there with him....:(. I didnt mean for my other post to sound bad....just really concerned like we all are!! :)
  • dave i sure will keep you in my prayers...and hope they can get a handle on your pain...
    hang in there
    and please let us know how ya doing
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
This discussion has been closed.