Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

txla55ttxla55 Posts: 16
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone. This is a fantastic site and so much info and help from all you folks. I am Susan and I had ACDF, levels C4 &5 March 09, carpal tunnel, right hand, July 2010, and TLIF on L4,5,& S1, November 18th 2010. Thanks again to all of you.

• Hello Susan and Welcome to Spine-health!!

Yes this is a wonderful bunch of pain filled people...LOL:)
  • Welcome. Hope to hear more from you.

• Howdy Susan,

A hearty Welcome to Spine Health! On here you will find excellent articles written by doctors, and the forums, they are filled with fellow spineys sharing their questions and concerns, and too helping others with their questions. Welcome aboard!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • i see that you are new to the forum and i want to welcome you! :H good luck on another successful surgery! i hope this is the last! please stop by anytime! this is a great place to make new friends and find out lots of information... keep us informed! Jenny :)
  • Hi and welcome to this site..Ive found it a neverendng source of support and if it wasnt for the friends Ive made thru here, I would be alone as I live in Australia..

Everyone on this site can relate to your pain and surgerys as most of us have been thru the same...Ive got fusions at C4/5, 5/6, C/7 and L4/5 and L5/S1 and total disc replacement at L4/5..Im currently booked for surgery on Jan 23rd for 2 SCS's to be implanted into my thoracic and another on the 23rd of Feb to place one in my lumbar area...

I hope that your doing better after your surgery than you did before as I fully understand that being in chronic pay really SUX..

Where are you from??
  • Hi Shelly,
    Thank you for your words. I have learned so much from this site. My friends or family that have never went through spine surgery do not really know the gadgets or ideas that make my life easier. These folk are full of ideas of ways to cope with recovery and pain. When I read posts from people like you that have went through so much more than I, it inspires me to "suck it up" :) and keep toward my goals. I am from Southeast Texas way back in the woods surrounded by The Big Thicket National Preserve. I keep my walks to the dirt road and venture a little on the trails,,not too far though, can't move fast enough to get out of the way of possible meetings with the wild hogs..lol Best of luck to you in your upcoming surgeries. Susan
  • Hi Susan...Is it summer in Texas or winter at the moment...I cant believe that the USA has so many different climates at the same time of year..

At the moment over here in OZ its summer...

Do you have to have any further surgerys??
  • Hello again. It is winter at the moment. It was 74 Saturday and 26 last night. Tonight it will be 29. It is humid here so the 20's are pretty cold. I welcomed the cooler weather after one very hot summer even though my joints don't agree. Yes, I have had more surgery. I had a ACDF on C4&5 21 months ago which was the starting point. I had been diagnosed with arthritis and disk degeneration when I was in my mid 30's. I made the choice to work and play for as long as I could. I am 55 now and managed pretty good till about 4 years ago. C 4 and 5 was so bad, had my spinal cord pinched off, hince the terrible headaches and nerve pain and weakness in my left arm and myelopathy. The headaches are gone now and the left arm pain but C7 was also bad and I still have neck pain. I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand that was supposed to have helped the neck pain but did not. I was actually supposed to have L2 & 3 fused a year ago but got cold feet because the Dr. said 4,5, and s1 at first but said the discogram, ( by the way, never again! ) indicated L 2/3 was where we needed to start. His partner at a later date disagreed. I was recently recommended to a surgeon 5 hours from where I live. I researched him and went for a consultation and here I am doing, I think quite well. I would like to think no more spine surgery but if that is not the case, then I will go back there. I have also had 2 knee surgeries, (no knee cap) after a motorcycle wreck in 1983. I had a cortisone shot prior to my TLIF to keep the inflammation and swelling down. It's working wonderful and dependable during this recovery. Sorry if this was so long winded :) So, how hot does it get there? I don't mind even 90 but not 100 and above like so many of the days this past summer. You take care. Susan
  • Over here can get to 40 degrees so I dont know whatit means in your measure..

Im so sorry to hear of all the surgerys you have had to have..Its not fair but as they say we are the strong ones as its us that keep going and going where a weaker person would just give up..

Im glad you got some relief from your cortisone injections and I hope you continue to improve..

Please never apologise for being yourself as Im here to listen and help if I can from my own personal experiences.
  • I am also here in this board