Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Getting choked.....

PollyRPPollyR Posts: 411
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello All....

I am just wondering if getting choked is a normal thing to go through with having cervical problems?? In the last week or so I have gotten choked quite often. I have done some searchs but have not really found alot of info.

This has gotten me a little worried and I dont go to see my Dr till the 16th. I have tried calling and talking to his assistant but I have not gotten any calls back. I am having really bad pain in my right arm also....

Just need some reassurance I guess...

• Polly I had an important unanswered question in with my pain doctor yesterday and just feel left out in the dark...it is hard.
    I have thoracic and lumbar issues and do not know about cervical issues at all.
    I saw your post and wanted to send you some cyber support.
    You will be in my thoughts, and I hope you get your question answered soon...
  • Oh Jackie thank you for the support sweety!! It means ALOT!!

I am getting really tired of the getting choaked(sp?) thing plus my chin has gone numb now....really strange feeling, or lack of...;)

I hope your day has been fairly pain-less!!
  • Sorry Polly, this must be scary for you. I had some swallowing problems before but never choking. I can imagine though that your gag reflex could be effected by nerve compression. Make sure you tell your doctor. You only have a couple more days now >:D< if you feel like it is getting worse and you need to go to the ER- go to the ER.

• Hey Julie my friend....Yes it is getting scary...I tried to put a call into his assistant last week but no call back. I just want all of this to go back to normal!!

How are you feeling honey?? And what did your Dr say yesterday???
  • Polly, that is scary!!! Since your chin is now going numb, and with the choking, I'd be scared that my throat is closing off. I think you should get to the doctor right away to get it checked out!!

I hope you're okay!!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Polly, I had the same problem with the choking, You might ask your Dr about your thyroid. They did a CT scan and found my throid was causeing the problem. I had to have mine removed, and they found it to contain cancer. I thought it might have been the hardware for my cervical fusion. I hope you find out what is causeing the problem.
  • Kelly and NC Thank you both for the thoughts...they mean alot!! If I keep getting choked I just might go in before thursday!!!
  • Polly, I haven't seen an update from you lately. Have you gotten to see a doctor yet? How are you doing?
  • Hello Honey....Yeah I went in to get my MRI results. So I asked him about this and he said its probably from all of the "stuff" going on in my neck right now. Problems at C2-3, 4-5 and 5-6....On the 16th he did a cortisone steroid shot at 5-6 and the numbness was wonderful!!! Then the feeling came back with a vengence!!My right arm and neck have been hurting worse afterthe injection!!! I go back the 30th to let him know if it helped or not!!

How are you doing??:)
  • I'm doing really well right now. The SCS problem was resolved to my satisfaction and I've been pretty comfortable between that and the pain patch.
    I didn't know where you were updating about yourself and I found this thread so I asked. Is there another place you are updating? I wish there was a feature where you could click on someone's name and see the posts they have responded to. Ha Ha!
    Well, I'm sorry the injection didn't last for you, but I'm glad you've had the MRI and gotten the results. I had even missed that update.
    Merry Christmas. Hope you will still be able to enjoy it even if you're in pain.