Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone have any "cool" gifts they are excited about?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Matters of the Heart
We have a big bar in our kitchen, and our Daughter and husband used to have the same one in their house but when they sold the house the new homeowner insisted it stay and so it did. They have wanted one ever since. My husband built them one and it is just gorgeous! He took the dimensions from ours and built them one just like it. I told him he is in the wrong business!
I found 4 bar stools with highbacks and swivel seats like ours on craig's list and talked the guy down to 40 bucks for all four. They were painted a pretty hideous blue and white striped motif' but were in great condition. We spent more for the paint to respray them than for the barstools themselves. My son cut some decorative metal into L shapes for each corner of the bar and then i drew a sign that said "The Bair's Den" that is their last name now and they collect bears, so my son transferred that to metal and cut that out too. We sprayed those with the same rusty colored paint that we did the chairs and then screwed them onto the bar. It looks fab. I'm pretty excited to give it to them! I did the painting and oiled the bar after it was done and I paid for it for the entire weekend, so they better appreciate everyone's hard work! Does anyone have any fun things they are making, or baking for their families for Christmas cheer?

• Oh Marion I just wanted to say that I would LOVE to see a picture of the Bar and the stools...they sound so beautiful and i bet you guys will make them cry!!! In a great way!! That is just amazing!! We have to skip over Christmas cause of the move....I am a little saddened by it...Ok alot...lol. But oh well...what can you do??

How are you feeling on a side note:)?
  • Yes, finances was a big part of why we made gifts this year and didn't spend too much. I know the wood was kind of expensive, but it wasn't nearly as much as we would normally spend.
    I haven't been feeling to awfully great. I'm a little stressed out about Christmas and how I'm going to feel. I'd like to be able to enjoy it, but we'll see how that pans out.
    My family is all excited (well there are only 6 of us total) including my new grandson, they want me to make a turducken. I want to do it, but I don't know if I can pull myself together. Depends if I run out of meds or not I guess. I have overdone it, taken a few more than I should have - as usual so now the stress is setting in over that ordeal. No different than any other month I suppose.
  • Howdy Marion,

I make jewelry out of Swarovski crystal beads, pearls and natural semi-precious stone. My sister in law and niece go 'ape' over my creations. I also enjoy the hell out of making them.

I'm presently making via Peyote a pattern of the US Marine Corps insignia for my nephew as he just graduated from Basic Training. :) Not sure I will be able to get it done before Christmas, as it is around 62,000 for the bead count (size 13 seed beads). :)

Your design of the island/bar sounds wonderful Marion. I'm sure they will LOVE it. I do, and I am just mentally picturing what you all built! So nice of you Santa!! *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.