Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

tingling in leg/foot 5 weeks post op - help

dkbensddkbens Posts: 18
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Recovering from Surgery
5 weeks post-op anterior/posterior lumbar fusion. Had severe pain and tingling/numbness in my left leg before surgery but was gone after. Had tingling re-occur day 3 but went away in a few days. Now 5 weeks post-op it seems to be coming back. Is this normal? Will it go away again?

• I had the same thing happen to me. I had reoccuring nerve pain for the first 3 months quite a bit. I still have nerve issues that come and go in my left foot...but it only happens when I do too much and I can tell there is inflammation going on back there. I can tell because when I sit down it feels like a board is behind me. Once I ice/heat and take it easy it goes away.
  • I had nerve issues before surgery in my foot and it has been 6 weeks and I stll have it. My surgeon put me back on neurtonint 300 right before bed. It seems to be helping (3 days later). I just figure it is residual but I agree it gets worse after I do alot. I think it is just going to take awhile for my body to get back to normal.