Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

RIP my mum

mrs pmmrs p Posts: 230
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Matters of the Heart
just a short message to let you all know that my mum Elizabeth(Betty)Madden passed away yesterday 14thDec 2010 peacefully in her sleep surrounded by her family after a 10yr illness of COPD.
she will be deeply missed,but for those of you who know me we realise that my sister mary needs her mum more than the rest of the family here on earth.they are both in a much better place than we are.
night night mummy and god bless and thank you both for the wonderful years we spent together here on earth.

• Sorry to hear the news, but sounds like she is in a much better place and with with her daughter. I am always here to chat Paula and hope to talk with you soon. Take care, keep your head up and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    My sincere condolences to you and your family Paula

Liz ((hugs)) xx

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • So sorry this has happened to you and your family. I wish her good travels, and a pain free transition. My sympathies for you and your family. Supportive *HUGZ* to you an all.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • So sorry for you loss mrs p.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    to hear the news about your Mother's passing away.
    I know there are no words that can really ease any of the pain right now.
    I hope you and your family have the extra strength right now to get through all of this ordeal.
    Take care
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Condolences on the loss of your Mom. May God strengthen you at this time. Prayers for you and your family. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Paula,

There are no words that i can say to ease the difficulty when a family member passes, but know I am always available if you need to chat. Cheerish her memories and the great times you all had together. Think of all the wonderful times you had together, her meeting her great grandson David, albeit short, you have all those wonderful memories of all you together. You were a great daughter to your mum helping her out as you did. Get some rest Paula you have done all you can do and your mum is most certainly proud of you. Sending prayers your way for you and your family that you may draw strength through this time.
  • I'm very sorry for the loss of your mum. It is an experience that is unlike any other in this world and just know that she will always be with you. I have a photo of my mom when she was happy, healthy and smiling. I look at it daily, smile from the inside and tell her hi and that I love her. I know she is watching over me and now that she is no longer in pain I know she is smiling back at me.

• I,m sorry to hear of your loss, I am praying for God to help you and your family through this hard time and give you peace.
  • so sorry Paula you losing your mum. I lost my mum too, and they live on in us each day...as we remember them and try to live up to all the great things they taught us.
    i will pray for comfort for your family.
  • Paula,
    I am so sorry for the loss of your mom; my thoughts and sympathy are with you and your family at this time.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am. I can tell by your post that you had a very good, close relationship with your mother. You will have her forever in your heart. I pray for you and your family to find peace and healing in your hearts because I know the emptiness you feel.

• No mere words can comfort you from such a huge loss, but it does help to be surrounded by people who truly care. I lost my wondeful Mom back in 1997 and I miss her just as much or maybe even more now.

The key is you will learn to live with it and to accept she is at peace with God. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you take this very difficult one of those steps through life's journey.

If there is anything I can offer please do not hesitate.

God Bless you and your family;

AL S
  • Your loved one will always
    be as close as a memory,
    and the God of all comfort
    will always be as
    close as a prayer.

Please know that we care, and may God sustain you as you go through the funeral proceedings and adjustment of not having your mum with you.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your mum. I will be praying for you and your family.
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • O:) Sending prayers for you and your family for strength
    to get through the procedings.
    How wonderful that everyone could be there.
    I lost my Dad in 08,then my Mom just 13 months after.
    2 good friends in between.Most of us where there when my Mom passed,truly a blessing as she had an inoperable brain tumor. May your cherished memories sustain you in your journey . >:D<
  • to you Paula and your family during this time. The special memories you have of your mum will carry you through the hard times ahead.

God bless,

Marianne xx
  • to hear of the loss of your mum. I wish there was more I could say to ease your pain at this time. God has called her home and only he knows best, take comfort in knowing she is at peace and with you in your heart always.

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I just went through the same thing last month. I hope you don't have as hard of a time as I did. We can take comfort that they are not suffering and are in a better place.
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I am so sorry for your loss...

• mrsp, Prayer are with you. I fear I will be in the same position soon & not able to deal well...
  • No words can express how sad I am to hear this news !

I know we don't talk much these days Paula.....but I would like to offer to be here for you if you would like to talk. You know how to reach me.
    So,So sorry to hear this news Paula, I'm really sorry. I know how close your family is to you.
    Give me a shout if you would like to talk ,any time !
    My deepest sympathy.
    God bless you and your family.
    Rest in piece MUM !