Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bowel Obstructions/or are they?

miammia Posts: 72
I hope this is the right forum for this but anyway,a year ago I had an obstruction in my small bowel.Then the following year I started having pain again,they thought as originally a heart attack then another obstruction. The er @ hospital did test x-ray and stuff finding constipation but no obstruction,I still was in a lot of pain.I went to my gastroenterologist and showed him a lump at my bellybutton I saw after returning from er.

He said it was a hernia.I had it repaired yesterday and am hoping no more er trips in future for this past pain I had.If you hurt around your low back,check your front,maybe you too had a hernia?I am not a doctor but thought it might help some of you who have been on narcotics for a long time with constipation issues. Will let you know how this turns out for me.

• I am going thru the same ordeal post fusion. GI doc can't readily see hernia;, as I can't perform crunches, and other tests. He is pretty sure I have true Constipation. Nice regimen of myralax, citrucel, and colace 2 x day. Which is getting things moving finally after a week of all this laxing! Beats the self inflicting plan wait a week and then drink magnesium citrate!
    My back surgery was done from front and I had fairly large hematoma that appeared 1 week post op looked like a fist under my skin, to the left, just at my belly button area.
    Thanks for sharing!

• are feeling better Virginia....I live in Virginia,Virginia! Sorry feeling full of myself 2nite...I live near Roanoke..anyway,keep on taking the colace,it helps me,as always ask your doc....the glycolax(miralax) helps me too but i can't take it everyday..would live in bathroom!
    I have 3 more weeks to take it easy from my hernia repair but feeling a lot better already!Gentle hugs to you.